you have a panic attack during a fight (requested)

"Why do you seem so upset with me?" Yeji asked you as she followed you into the kitchen.

You watched out the window as the girls pulled out of the driveway, leaving your' and Yeji's new place and returning to their own homes after a long day spent together.

"And don't tell me no reason, because I know that something is up with you." She said as she folded her arms over her chest.

You turned around and stared at her before shrugging your shoulders in sadness.

"We just moved into our new place a couple of days ago and we've barely spent any time together. You've been working and the girls have been over each day since moving in."

"Here we go," Yeji mumbled as she rubbed her temples in annoyance.

"Yeji, I'm not asking for much. I just would like to be able to have a little time with you. We just moved into our new place together. That's a huge step to take together yet I feel like you'd rather be back at the dorm with the girls rather than with me because you always want them over."

"They're my friends!"

"And you see them every single day, Yeji! Can't we just have one day to ourselves? Just the two of us? To celebrate and settle in?"

"I'm not in the mood for this," Yeji said as she put her hands up.

"Yeji, just talk to me!"

"I am talking to you but you're getting on my last nerve, Y/N! It's always something with you." She grumbled.

"Why? Because I want to spend time with you?" You asked as you stared at her in disbelief. "You know what? Why do I even try? Why did we even move in together if all you wanted was to be with the girls!?"

"I don't know, Y/N!" She said as she tangled her fingers in her hair.

"Why don't you just take the boxes that you have yet to unpack and just go move back into the dorm?" You asked.

You were both upset, saying things that neither of you meant in the heat of the moment.

It was obvious that you didn't mean that.

But, at that moment, neither of you was thinking clearly.

So, Yeji just replied with the same frustration that you felt.

"Maybe I will! Maybe that would be better for us both!"

As the words left her lips, reality kicked in.

You realize now just how far things had gone.

You know that it was just the heat of the moment talking.

But it was still scary for you nonetheless.

So when your heart began to hammer against your chest, when you struggled to breathe, and when you felt that anxious rush flood over you - you knew what was coming on.

You sat down on the floor and brought your knees up to your chest as you struggled to catch your breath.

Your hands were shaking and your palms were sweating as you squeezed your eyes shut and hung your head as the panic attack hit you hard.

Was this the end?

Were you and Yeji about to end things?

Were things about to change for the worst?

It was all too much for you to handle as each thought crept into your brain.

"Y/N?" Yeji spoke as she noticed that something was wrong.

She walked to you and sat down on the floor beside you before reaching out to place her hand on your shoulder.

"You're going to leave." You mumbled.

"No, baby, no. I'm not going anywhere." She said as she pulled you into her arms. "That was all from the heat of the moment. I didn't mean any of it. I'm so sorry."

You clutched her shirt in your hand and tried to breathe, but it just felt impossible.

"I'm here, baby. I'm not going anywhere. Just try to breathe for me."

"I can't."

"You can." She said as she rubbed your shoulder. "You can. For me, come on, darling."

You took in a few deep breaths and exhaled each one shakily.

It was only when Yeji breathed with you that you felt as though you were getting air into your lungs.

"You've got it, baby. You're doing good." She said as she continued to comfort you. "It's almost over. I'm right here."

Your heart slowed down a little, eventually returning to normal, as your breathing did.

"You're going back to the dorm?"

"No, I'm not." She said as her eyes met. "Honey, I'm not going anywhere."

"I'm sorry for starting a fight. But this place is so new and so big that I feel a little lonely sometimes. I miss you."

"I know I've been hanging out with the girls and working a lot but that's going to change."

"No, Yeji, you need time with them."

"But I need time with my girl too." She said as she cupped your cheek. "I love you so much. This is our place together, our new home. You're completely right when you say that it's a huge step to take and we should be celebrating! This is the rest of our lives together."

She stopped to look around the room and then looked back at you.

"This is the home we could raise our future family in together. We could spend forever here. You shouldn't have to feel lonely here. So tonight and tomorrow, for sure, are days dedicated to us. No one else, jsut us."

"I'd like that." You smiled.

"Do you feel any better now? Is your panic attack gone?"

"I think so." You said with a breath of relief. "Thank you for helping me through it."

You laid your head on her chest and she put her arms around you to hold you tight.

"Always. I promise you, I'm staying right here. I love you."

"I love you too, baby." You said as you closed your eyes, feeling better now that everything was worked out.