she comes home to see you asleep in your shared bed (requested)

Yeji closed the door behind her as she walked into your shared home.

She set her bag down before looking around to see if you were anywhere downstairs, but she found the rooms to be empty.

"Baby? I'm home!" She called out.

She wondered if she'd hear your footsteps on the stairs a few seconds after the words left her lips.

But all she got in return was silence.

She looked at the time on her phone and saw that it was only ten-thirty.

She wondered what you could be up to because you're usually awake at this hour.

Maybe you were watching tv with the volume up loud or perhaps you had your headphones in and couldn't hear her because of that.

"Babe?" She called out after grabbing some water from the kitchen and making her way upstairs.

She walked up the steps and down the hallway to the bedroom.

She entered it and saw you curled up on your side with your back facing her.

So she set her water down before she walked over to you and a smile appeared on her face as soon as she saw that you were sound asleep.

You had one of her shirts on and a blanket at your feet.

You shivered and Yeji quickly covered you up with the blanket, pulling it up to your shoulders.

"My beautiful baby." She said as she brushed a strand of hair behind your ear.

Giving you a kiss on your cheek, her lips lingered for a couple of seconds before she pulled back with hearts in her eyes and a flutter in her heart.

"I love you so much." She whispered softly before kissing your forehead lovingly. "So very much,
Y/N."

She quietly grabbed her pajamas and tiptoed into the bathroom before she closed the door behind her.

Turning the light on, she changed into her pajamas then brushed her teeth, and took her makeup off.

She exited the bathroom a moment later and turned off the light as you stirred in bed.

She made her way to your shared bed and climbed under the covers before scooting closer to you.

Cradling you in her arms, she snuggled up to you and softly kissed the back of your neck.

"Sweet dreams, my sweet girl." She said as she gently ran her fingers through your hair.

As she grew tired, she closed her heavy eyes and began to drift off to sleep with you in her warm embrace.

"I love you too, by the way, Yeji." You mumbled sleepily.

She realized then that you hadn't been fully asleep when she'd told you those words.

And it had been important for you to say them back to her before you fell back asleep.

She couldn't help but smile from ear to ear, her heart swelling in her chest as she drifted off to sleep; so very in love with you.