you have a heart attack (requested)

You sat around the table with the girls, flipping through the menu on the table in front of you.

It's been a while since you've had some free time due to being so busy with work and the girls can say the same.

So, being able to sit and have a nice conversation with your girlfriend and four best friends means a lot.

The girls were laughing and enjoying themselves when you suddenly started to feel a discomfort in your jaw.

You tried to massage it slightly, gently brushing your fingers across it in hopes that the discomfort would fade.

You tried to brush it off as you looked over the menu and joined in on the conversation here and there.

The discomfort you felt at first was still there but what was more worrying for you was the sudden pain in your chest.

You felt a rush of nausea come along with it and you gasped as the pain intensified.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Yuna, who sat on your right, asked in concern.

Upon hearing that question leave her friend's lips, Yeji turned away from Chaeryeong as they chatted and stared at you in worry.

"Baby, is everything okay?"

"No." You whimpered. "It hurts."

"What does? Your chest?" She asked as she brushed her fingers across your arm.

"Yeah. It feels like there's a weight on it."

"Like... an elephant on your chest?" Ryujin asked as the girls all gazed at you, feeling the same rush of anxiety as you.

"Yeah." You mumbled.

"Yeji, take her to the hospital. Right now." Ryujin said.

"I think she's having a heart attack," Lia spoke and the seriousness of the situation set in, leaving you terrified.

"A heart attack?" You asked as you gazed at your girlfriend with panicked eyes.

"Maybe not. Let's at least go to the emergency room just to be safe."

"Wait! Before you go," Chaeryeong said as you slid out of the booth, almost doubled from the pain.

Chaeryeong handed Yeji a couple of pills.

"What are these?" Yeji wondered.

"It's aspirin. It can help stop the blood clot causing the heart attack." Chaeryeong explained. "I carry some around because I've been getting headaches lately."

"You're a lifesaver... literally," Yeji said.

"Chew and swallow them. Make sure to chew them, Y/N." Chaeryeong said.

You chewed and swallowed the aspirin before Yeji tried to help you to the car, only for you to shake your head and fall to your knees.

"I can't do it." You groaned, unable to walk even another step.

"Call an ambulance!" Yeji shouted to the girls.

Ryujin pulled out her phone and called emergency services as Yeji tried to comfort you.

"Hang on, baby. Don't panic, try to stay calm. Help is almost here. Just hang in there for me."

The pressure was so intense you could hardly catch your breath.

You still felt sick to your stomach and your left arm was starting to tingle.

This couldn't be happening to you.

You thought it was some sort of bad dream or something because you're still so young and it just didn't make much sense.

But the pain and pressure were too intense for it not to be real.

"Yeji," You whimpered as a cold sweat started to appear on your skin. "I don't want to die."

"You're not going to die, baby. You're going to be okay, I promise." She said. "I'm here with you. Help is almost here. Just keep hanging on."

"I love you." You whimpered, feeling incredibly anxious as the very real possibility of dying came over you.

"I love you too. You're doing great. It's going to be alright." She said as she tried to blink away your tears.

"I hear the sirens. The ambulance is almost here!" Yuna said.

"Good girl. You're going to be just fine." Yeji comforted.

Just a moment later, the ambulance arrived.

They rushed in and loaded you onto the stretcher and then into the back of the ambulance.

"I'm coming with her!" Yeji said before jumping into the back with you, holding your hand soothingly.

"We'll follow behind. We'll be right there." Lia promised.

"Just keep hanging on, baby. You're doing great." Yeji said as a tear fell down her cheek.

She was still so scared but she was trying to be strong for you.

The hospital wasn't too far.

You had to hang on just a little while longer; you just had to.