never forget that I love you - part two (requested)

It's the present day now and ITZY has achieved more than they ever thought possible.

The girls honestly can't believe how far they have come and they're even working hard on another comeback.

Today, they're spending some time in the studio, and the song they're working on is heartfelt and loving.

The lyrics are so romantic, easily making anyone swoon and they're even making the girls' hearts melt as they record their parts.

Yeji is sitting on a chair in the studio, reading over the lyrics again and again.

The dating ban lifted well over a year ago and even though the other girls all have people they're crushing on, Yeji doesn't.

She hasn't even had feelings for anyone since ITZY debuted.

Because the only one she still thinks about is you.

She thinks about you every day and every night.

There's rarely ever a moment that goes by where you don't cross her mind.

Reading these romantic lyrics is only making her think about you more.

Every word has so much love behind it and when she reads over the ones she'll be singing, she can practically picture herself saying them to you.

Yuna, who was in the booth to record her parts, stepped out after finishing up.

"Who's next? Ryujin? Yeji?"

"Actually, can I take a little break?" Yeji asked. "I'm not feeling that well."

JYP stared at her before sighing and nodding.

"I'm just going to get some fresh air. I won't be long." She promised.

She needed to clear her head.

After all, the last time she saw and spoke to you was back at the end of 2018, just a couple of months before ITZY debuted in 2019.

It was so long ago... perhaps, the only one still hung up on what you once had together was her.

She sighed as she stepped out of the JYP building and made her way down the street.

"You have to forget about her, Yeji." She mumbled to herself.

But forgetting about you was impossible to do when she regrets letting you go that one day.

She decided to go to a cafe nearby and grab a coffee real quick.

The walk there consisted of Yeji caught up in her thoughts of you and only you.

There was a slight breeze and it was a little chilly, making Yeji tighten her hoodie around her body slightly.

She opened the door to the cafe and the bell on the door dinged, making a couple of heads turn.

If they recognized her, they were giving her space and privacy, which she was grateful for since she wasn't in the greatest of moods.

However, as she got in line, she saw one familiar face across the room.

You.

She rubbed her eyes and shook her head, mumbling quietly to herself about how she needed to snap out of it, thinking she was dreaming you up.

But you were still there, scrolling through your phone as you sipped on your drink.

She got out of line and slowly walked to you.

"Y/N?"

You lifted your head at your name being spoken and your breath hitched when your eyes met Yeji's for the first time in so long.

"Yeji? Is that really you?"

"Yeah!" She said with a growing smile and a chuckle of disbelief. "It's been so long!"

She noticed the empty seat across from you at your table.

"Can I sit with you?"

"Yeah." You said, snapping out of your daze.

She moved the chair from across from you and placed it beside your chair, which surprised you.

"It's so good to see you." You said. "I'd ask how you've been and what you've been up to but I already know."

"You do?"

"Yeah. I'm a proud MIDZY." You smiled, making her do the same.

"Even though we..." She trailed off, making both of your smiles fade.

"Yeah."

Things were quiet for a moment.

She stared at your hands and all she could think about was how much she wanted to hold them.

"We're working on a comeback today, actually. The girls are in the studio. I needed some air. I came to get some coffee."

"Oh, right. You should go back then." You said.

She could sense your sadness and wondered if you could sense hers too.

"I can't. Not without telling you the things I've been wanting to tell you for the last few years."

"Yeji-"

"Please." She pleaded. "Y/N... I miss you. I still love you. I think about you every single day. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, all I can think of is you. I'm still so upset at JYP for what he said to us that day. And I hate myself for not chasing after you when you walked away."

"Yeji, I didn't want to walk away. The second I was away from you, I wanted to turn back around and run to you. I wanted to tell him to shove it and that I wasn't going anywhere. But it was your career. Your big debut. I couldn't get in the way of that."

"I know." She said as she took your hands.

And her heart leaped when she finally felt your warm hands in hers again.

"But as much as I wanted to debut and as much as I love what I do... I wanted to be with you more than anything else. I miss you so much. I can't imagine not being with you for the rest of my life."

You were starting to tear up as she spoke.

"Our dating ban is over. We could try again."

"What would JYP say about that? If he found out we were back together?"

"I don't care! I'm tired of worrying about what everyone might think with every choice I make. I miss you, baby. Life isn't the same without you. There's nothing stopping us. Please... let's try again."

You started to smile as she brushed her thumb across your knuckles.

"I love you. Things have never been the same since I lost you. I know I live a great life and I get to live out my dreams and I'm happy about that but you're the missing piece of my puzzle. I want to be with you forever. I want you to be mine again."

"Yeji, I've always been yours. I was always hoping I'd see you again someday. I've missed you too and I still think about you every day."

"So... is that a yes?" She asked with a hopeful sparkle in her eyes.

"Yes." You smiled.

"I've been wanting to do this since that day..." She said before she leaned in and kissed your lips.

You cupped her cheek in your palm as you kissed her back.

It was a soft, romantic kiss; one full of love.

A love that was just as strong and beautiful as it was when you let her go to let her make her dreams come true.

It was perfect.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She said as happy tears filled her brown eyes.

You put your arms around her as you gave her a big hug, hoping that you would never have to let her go again.