Chapter 40

Aasha's Pov

I turned to look at Neha. She is sleeping peacefully. She scolded me for drenching in the heavy rain. Now i am feeling like i am going to have fever tomorrow morning. I covered myself with the comforter for the warmth. I recalled today's incidents. Mr. Malhotra's playful smirk whenever i blush of his naughty words and his concern while wiping my mouth and hands, his playfull talk with the little girl and the words he said to me in the rain. 

But my question is why he is doing this all to me? I never shared my personal matter with him. But still he find my pain behind my words in the park. Is he doing this all because i called us friends to Ananya? But he did some more things even before that like hugging and kissing my forehead and dropping me to my place after work. 

Whenever i ask him why he is doing this all he shut my mouth saying that he will give my answer when i am physically and mentally prepared. 

Am i looking that weak? Am i looking like a sick girl to him? Am i looking that pity? I sighed in frustration. Mr. Dev Malhotra is playing with my heart and my mind. Then soon sleep consumed me. 

Morning 8 pm…..

"Aasha wake up. Why today you're sleeping this late?" i heard Neha's word. But i can't open my eyes. I am feeling weak and my eyes are burning. I felt a warm hand touching my forehead.

"Oh my god! You're burning" Neha yelled. I opened my eyes after a lot of struggle. She is sitting beside me on the bed. 

"Thats why i scolded you last night. You know very well that you catch cold very easily. But still you drenched in the rain last night. Now see, you have a fever and look at your red nose" Neha scolded me. 

"I will be okay after a hot shower and i will take some medicine" i said while getting up from the bed but suddenly i felt my head spinning. I was about to loss my balance but Neha grabbed my arms tightly.

"Aasha, Are you okay? What happened? she asked me while making me sit on the bed.

"Nothing just feeling dizzy" i said with my closed eyes. 

"You're not going to office today. Lets go and see the doctor" she said. 

"No Neha. I have to go to office" i said. 

"No you're not going to your office and thats final" she said in her stern voice. I sighed at her. But she is right. I am feeling very weak. 

"Okay! But please give me my laptop. I will ask a sick leave and have to send Mr. Malhotra's schedule to Shreya" i said. 

"Okay! But do it fast. I will bring you something hot" she said while passing me the laptop. After sending a sick leave to Mr. Malhotra and i mailed Mr. Malhotra's schedule to Shreya. Soon shreya called me. She asked me to take care of my health and she also said that she will take care of Mr. Malhotra's schedule.

I cut the call after saying a thankyou to her. I sighed in relief and laid down on the bed feeling tired. A few minutes later i heard my phone rang. But i don't have the energy to lift the phone. 

"Aasha see, Mr. Dev Malhotra, your boss is calling you. Wake up" she said while shaking me. I got up from the bed, feeling very tired. She gave me the phone in my hand. 

"Hello!" i said in my tired voice.

"Aasha! What happened? Why your voice is so dull? Now only i saw your mail. Are you alright? " he asked me with a concerned tone. 

"Actually…i caught cold *sneez* sir. Thats why i *sneeze* asked for a sick leave *sneeze…and i also *sneeze* mailed your today's schedule to Shreya, sir " i said this all in between my sneezing.