Chapter 89

Aasha's Pov

The room fell in to an eerie silence. I can hear my own drumming heart beat. My whole body started to tremble, seeing his face which has no expression at all. He too looked at me without saying anything. He threw the cigarette on the ground and crushed it with his black shoe without even shifting his gaze from me. I stood there still watching him with my teary eyes.

Suddenly the room filled with his phone ring tone, startling me. He looked at the phone in his hand and then at me. Then without saying anything he went towards the window to attend the call. He was talking to someone on the phone turning his back to me. I stood there like a statue not knowing what to do. I want to use this as a chance to escape from this room. But I can't move my legs.

I felt my whole body gone numb. The silent office room filled with his velvet voice. His voice is smooth and calm like he didn't witness anything shocking here. Does my presence here didn't affect him? He is not surprised to see me here? Him coming to Manali, is it only coincidence? Or… 

No I have to leave this room first… I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Then I slowly opened the door without making any noise and ran away from that place. I only stopped when I came far away from the office room. I stood near the staircase away from the principal office, panting heavily while tears drenching my cheeks. I looked around but I didn't find any students there. Suddenly I heard footsteps behind me. My body stiffened hearing the footsteps coming close to me. I wiped my tears hurriedly and turned back. 

"Ms. Sharma, I was looking for you from morning. But you were busy with your classes" Principal sir said with a gentle smile. He is in his fifties and a nice person. 

"I had back to back classes to attend. I heard from the peon that you called me" I said with a smile. 

"Yeah. Last day I accidentally met Mr. Malhotra in a hotel and chatted with him for a few minutes. He said that he is here for some business. I asked him if he could come to our university to give some speech for our Economic and commerce students. And surprisingly he agreed to my request. I was looking for you in this morning to ask you to you arrange the Seminar hall but you were not available. So I handed the task to other professors. Now everyone is waiting in the Seminar hall. Mr.Malhotra is in my office only. I will go and bring him. You go and check the all arrangements" he said patting my shoulder. 

"Okay" I said with a forced smile and left for the staff room. I saw Sanju dii waiting for me. 

"What happened to you? Are you feeling unwell? Your nose and eyes  looks red like cherry. Don't tell me that you again caught cold" she said touching my cheek caringly. I forced a smile controling my tears. 

"I think I again caught cold. Dii, I am not feeling good. I want to take rest now. Can you please check the arrangements and inform the principal about my leave?" I said looking at her. 

"He won't say anything. I will inform him. Don't worry. But how will you go to your house? Wait let me ask Ekhansh to.." 

"No dii. I can manage. I will leave now" I cut her off while packing my bags. 

"Okay take care. I will visit you after the guest finish his speech" she said. I nodded at her and left the campus and hailed a cab. In just half an hour I reached my house. I sat on the sofa in my living room feeling the heartache. The tears which I controlled burst out. I buried my face in my palms weeping hard. 

What should I do now? What should I do? I cried hard thinking about what happened in the Uni. He is here.

But…. 

Why he didn't looked surprised when he see me? Does he already know that I am in Manali? Principal said that he is here for business. Then how? Did he came here for me? If it was a coincidence then definitely he would have showed some expression on his face once he saw me. But he acted very calm and normal. Even if it's not a coincidence then he wouldn't have let me escape from there.