Chapter 86

Aasha's Pov

"Add some salt in the palak paneer" Meghna maa said with a smile. I nodded at her and added some salt. 

"Now taste it, ma" I said looking at her. She tasted the recipe with a spoon. I looked at her nervously. 

"Mmmmm. It's really tasty, Aasha beta. Dev is going to like it for sure" she said with a bright smile. I blushed hearing her words.

"Let me taste also" saying this Chachi also tasted the dishes which I prepared for Dev. 

"Wow! You really did it well. I am very sure after tasting this all dishes Dev will definitely going to shower you with kisses" she teased by nudging my shoulder. 

"Chachi…" I said blushing deep red. 

"Hufffoo Mala, leave that poor girl. Aasha you go and take a shower. I will pack all this dishes so you can take them to Dev's office" Meghna ma said. 

"Okay ma. I will go then" I said with a smile and returned to my room. I took my towel and white salwar to the bathroom. I turned on the shower. I sighed when the hot water touched my skin. It's been two weeks. Atharv Kashyab was arrested by the police two weeks ago. He proved guilt in the trial and the court ordered death sentence to him for being our country's traitor by supplying weapons to the terrorists and involving in drug and human trafficking business. His wealth and his other properties are confiscated by the government. His other companion were ordered by the court a lifetime imprisonment. Atharv Kashyab's death sentence is going to be carried out today at 12 pm. He deserves this punishment for his sins.

What's so surprising to me is that Dev apolized to Papa and Meghna ma. Dev also started to call Meghna aunty as ma. I also started to call her as ma. Dev and Meghna ma and dad's relationship is now great. Everyone is very happy. Now only I feel like this is a complete family.

Elders in the house has fixed our engagement and marriage date at  the end of the next month. One week after our engagement is our marrige. Dev wanted to fix our engagement and marriage date in this month. But it will impossible to make arrangements. So he asked to fix the dates at the beginning of the next month. But the pandit said there is only one auspicious date at the end of the next month. So when the elders fixed the dates at the end of the next month he was sulking and scoffing in frustration. He said to me that he can't wait till next month and also the elders ordered that I should sleep with Ananya in her room which infuriated him more. So in this two weeks we couldn't able to spend time that much. Ananya also being Ananya, she wouldn't let me talk to him on phone peacefully. This all made him upset very much. So today I planned to surprise him by cooking his favorite dishes for lunch with the help of Meghna ma.

 I wore Dev's favorite White salwar and dried my hair. I combed my hair and I didn't tie it as Dev like it loose. I applied kajal on my eyes and pink  strawberry lip balm on my lips. I wore my earrings, my bracelet which was gifted my Dev, white clinking glass bangles on my right hand while tieing my black watch on my left wrist and finally I wore my ma's necklace around my neck. I smiled when I saw the beautiful ring on my ring finger. I recalled the day when he proposed me. I blushed and got ready. When I went downstairs ma and chachi was already waiting for me in the living room with the packed lunch bag. 

"Take this bag and come home soon. Dev won't let you go so soon. But try to come fast, okay" Ma said teasingly. 

"Of course how can he let her go so easily. Just see babhi how beautifully our Aasha got ready for Dev that too with his favorite lunch. And in this days we are not letting him to near our Aasha. So how can you expect him to loss this perfect chance to spend some romantic time with her?" chachi said while winking at me. I gasped at her.