Chapter 68

Aasha's Pov

Soon we finished our dinner and its time to leave the house. Ananya compelled Neha to stay with her. So Neha is staying here. Its already 10 pm. 

"Remeber this is your family. You can come here whenever you want to, okay beta?" Uncle said placing his hand on my head. 

"Sure uncle" i said. Everyone said bye to me with a smile. Mr. Mehra and Zarah also left in their car. When me and Mr. Malhotra was about to reach the car, Varun stopped me. I looked at him. Even i also wanted to talk with him. 

"I will leave you two then" Mr. Malhotra said and was about to go. But i stopped him by grabbing his hand. 

"Its okay" i said with a smile. He nodded at me holding my hand tightly. 

"I know you don't like me. But i really love Neha, Aasha. Please give me a chance" he said in his shaky voice. 

"You're right. I don't like you. But i saw real love and sincerity in your eyes. If you again hurt Neha then i won't leave you" i said. 

"If you hurt Neha again you will face my wrath my lil brother. And you better be ready to face Neha's parents. If they say no then that means no" Mr. Malhotra said. 

"I won't hurt Neha. Not even in my dreams. And i will convince Neha's parents" he said. 

"And Aasha, thanks for saving my brother" he said with a smile. I too smiled at him. Then he left the place in his wheel chair. Mr. Malhotra opened the passenger door for me. I sat inside the car then he closed the door. He walked towards the other side and sat in the driver seat. He started the car. There was a comfortable silence in the car. But he took another way. I looked at him confused.

"Its not a the way to my place" i said. 

"I know" he said. 

"It will take at least an hour to reach the place. So now take some rest" he said patting my head. I nodded at him. But i didn't feel like sleeping. I just looked outside the window. I recalled whatever happened today. 

My dream… That dream of mine changed everything. What If i didn't took that dream seriously? What if i neglected that dream? I shuddered at the thought. Thank god! I didn't neglected my dream. But then i remembered how i first saw Mr. Malhotra in my dream and that fortune cookies. I smiled at that thought. I closed my eyes. But didn't sleep. Just reminiscing all events that happened in my life. 

"I saw you here for the first time in this footpath" i heard Mr. Malhotra's velvety calm voice. Then only i realised that the car has already stopped on the road. I looked at him. He is looking outside the window with a smile. I followed his gaze. He is looking at the footpath which is empty as it was late night. The footpath is shimmering under the yellowish street lamp in this dark night. 

"You were feeding cookies to a small puppy while playing with it with a beautiful smile on your face

"You were feeding cookies to a small puppy while playing with it with a beautiful smile on your face. That day you were wearing a white dress, looking like an angel" he said turning his face to me, looking straight into my eyes. I looked at him confused.