Chapter 80

Aasha's Pov

"I… I ahh aunty this" i directed my hand towards the photo hesitantly. Looking at the photo she smiled. I concentrated on her face. Its a genuine smile. She went near the photo and caressed it wity her hand. She then looked at me with a smile. 

"Its Aadhya. Dev's Mother" she said. 

"But why this photo is here, aunty?" i asked her hesitantly. She took my hand and walked towards the bed. We both sat on the bed. 

"Aunty, papa said everything to me" i said with a smile while squeezing her hand. She looked at me startled. Then she looked down at her lap. 

"Why this photo is here aunty? Don't you feel awkward seeing this photo everytime?" i asked her with a frown. She chuckled at me While shaking her head.  

"Aasha, actually Subash wanted to move this photo from this room. But i stopped him and hung this photo here. Do you know why? Because i never wanted to capture Aadhya's place in his heart. I know how much he loved her, he still does. She was his first love. She is an important women in his life. I never wanted to separate Aadhya from his life. I just wanted to stay beside him and love him till my last breath. I never expected him to reciprocate my feelings" she said
with a mild smile. I looked at her stunned. 

"You never felt jealous towards Aadhya ma?" i asked her. 

"Why would i?" she asked me.m raising her eyebrows. 

"Because she married the man who you loves" i said.

"Do you know one thing, Aasha? When we love someone, we not only love that person but also what he loves. I don't feel any jealously towards Aadhya. Instead i admire her and also respect her. Subash is a very tough person and its not very easy to capture his heart. But Aadhya created a special place in his heart in a short time by her pure love. She gave him happiness. Even now when he talks about her, his eyes sparkles with love for her" she said while looking at the photo frame. I looked at her with a smile. 

"But aunty, why you agreed to marry papa even after knowing his condition? I mean you were young at the time and you must have had a dream about your marriage, don't you? But you accept to look over Dev" i asked her. She looked at me with a chuckle.

"Yes ofcource. I had a big dream about my Wedding. But only with Subash. But this is not the reason why i agreed to marry Subash when he put a marriage proposal" she said with a teary eyes. I looked at her feeling confused. 

"Its his dishelved state, Aasha. The day when he proposed marriage, do you know how he looked like? His eyes covered with dark circles, dishelved hair, wrinkled shirt. Even now remembering that sight of him makes my heart clench. Its very painful to see our loved ones in pain, Aasha. That day i also got to know that how much he loves his son, Dev. I agreed to marry him even after knowing that he will never love me. I was content by the fact that i can able to stay beside him and take care of him. All i wanted was to bring that old tough Subash who threatens others just by his glare" she said with a chuckle. 

"So you sacrificed your dream about your own marriage and got ready to be a mother for Dev? You were young at that time. Then how you got ready to be a mother?" i asked her. 

"What sacrifice you're talking about Aasha? My wish was to be with Subash. So i didn't sacrificed anything. And about Dev…. When i first met Dev, i saw myself in him. I lost my parents when i was 13 years old. My father was always running behind his business. And my brother always follows him like his shadow. It was my mother who showed her love to me. So after her death i missed her so much. Her warm embrace, her cooking, her sweet talks, i missed everything about her. So it was easy for me to understand Dev. I instantly felt a motherly love towards him. But the feeling was not mutual. I tried everything to get close to him. I tried everything to become his mother. But i failed in my efforts" she choked when she finished her sentence.