Chapter 47

Aasha's Pov

"Dev you can answer for that question again as Aasha didn't hear what you said in the phone call because of the signal problem" Mr. Mehra said to Mr. Malhotra. My eyes went wide hearing his words. 

Why can't this man let me live in peace? Then i got up from my place abruptly.

"I am feeling sleepy. Neha, i am going to the bedroom. Good night everyone" saying this i literally ran to the bedroom. I laid down on the bed with all the things that happened today running in my mind. 

First i have to talk to Varun. I have to find out is he really changed or not. Because its Neha's life matter. What if he again hurt her? 

And second, How am i going to face Mr. Malhotra tomorrow in the office? Ahhh… I hid my face with the pillow. I'm very sure they didn't buy my lie. What am i going to do now? Then i heard the click sound of opening the door. Neha entered with a glass of milk in her hand. I got up from the bed with a frown. 

"Dev bhai asked me to give you this warm milk as he didn't want you to go to sleep with an empty stomach" she said with a smile. I felt warm inside my heart hearing her words.

"Did they two left?" i asked her while I sipping the warm milk.

"Yes! They both left" she said. I nodded at her and placed the empty glass on the bedside table. 

"I knew you heard Dev bhai's all words" she said sitting beside me. I turned my face away. 

"Neha, go and get a hot shower. And go to sleep. You must be tired because of today's incidents. And are you going to office tomorrow?" i asked her to divert the topic. She sighed at me. 

"I applied for one week leave. So i can… stay with Varun in the hospital" she said hesitantly. I nodded at her and laid down on the bed.

"Aasha, you didn't answered my question" she said looking at me intently.

"I am tired and feeling sleepy, Neha. Let me sleep" i said, pulling the comforter till my face. Then i heard her sigh and she left to take a shower. Few minutes later she laid down on the bed beside me. I tossed and turned on the bed. I turned to look at Neha. She was sleeping very tiredly. She must be exhausted because of what happened today.

Thank god! Nothing had happened to her. I should say thanks to Varun for saving Neha's life. I tried to sleep but sleep was far away from me. I didn't want to disturb Neha by tossing and turning on the bed. So i got up from the bed and went to the balcony. Its not raining anymore. But the chill wind caused me to erupt goosebumps all over my body. I shuddered when the cool breeze hit me. I hugged myself with my arms. I closed my eyes and inhaled the cool breeze. When i closed my eyes, all the moments that i spent with Mr. Malhotra flashed in my mind.  

The way he held my hands in the park, the way he made me smile everytime, the way he took care of me when i fell sick, the way he scold me like i am a little girl, the way he fed me food, the way he teased me, the way he showed his concern for me in the hotel, and the words he said to me in the rain, his every act made me feel so special. Tears slid down from my eyes when i opened them. 

He always looks at me with some different emotions in his eyes which always gave me warmth. His eyes always held care, adoration and also some unknown feelings. I always wondered what that unknown emotion is. 

I am such a stupid that i failed to understand that the unkown emotion which his eyes held is called 'Love'. 'Love' for me. How can i when i never got that 'love' in my life. I was always yearning for that love and care in my life. At one point i realized that i am not blessed with 'Love' and also stopped expecting that 'love and care' from others.