Chapter 56

Aasha's Pov

"Nishma, now its proved that Aasha is innocent. So now you have to apologize to her" Mr. Malhotra said. 

"No its okay, sir" i said in my shaky voice. 

"Apologize to Aasha, Nishma" Mr. Malhotra said in his stern voice. Ms. Josh turned towards me with her clenched jaw. 

"I am sorry Ms. Sharma" she said with her gritting her teeth. It is cleary evident on her tone that she is not sorry for her behavior at all.  

"Its okay, mam" i said with a small smile. Then soon Mr. Malhotra dragged me with him. We both exited the building. Mr. Malhotra got car keys from Daniel then opened the door for me. I sat inside then he got in the driver seat. He started the car. I looked outside through the window. The sky is covered with dark clouds and chill breeze touched my face. I recalled Tej's words. What he did is wrong. But he did this for his mother. But i never expected a big reputed company can stoop so low just to win a deal. If they are not capable of preparing a project then why they are running a company? They bribed our company employee to steal the project details. I sighed. 

"What are you thinking deeply?" Mr. Malhotra's voice brought out of my thoughts.

"Kashyap industries also big industries like us, right? Then why they stoop so low, sir. Why they are stealing other's hardwork?" i asked him with a frown.  

"He is my business rival and he is a person who can go to any extent to get what he wants. He will get what he wants. But he couldn't able to beat me. He couldn't able get Best businessman award every year like me. Thats why he is doing like this to defeat me. Its not new to me. He was no where in my sight for a whole year. I heard that he was in abroad. His PA only taking care of his business. Now only he came in front me" he said with a serious expression on his face.  

"Oh" i said. 

"In future if you meet him, then try to avoid him as much as possible. He is very dangerous man, okay?" he asked looking at me seriously. 

"Okay. But sir, can you please don't fire Tej? What he did is wrong? But still he did that to save his mother. That kasyhab industries used Tej's helpless state as their chance" i said looking at him. 

"You should not be this kind hearted girl, Aashu. If he had contacted our company's HR department, in just a fifteen minutes he could have got the amount he needed for his mother's operation. But just he chose a wrong rout. And now he has to suffer for choosing a wrong option. And now his mother is alright. Don't worry" he said looking at me with a smile. I looked down sadly. Without any job how Tej will take care of his family? 

"Don't be sad, okay? He framed you but still you're thinking about helping him. I will.. arrange a simple job for him in some other company" be said with a sigh. I smiled at him.

"Thank you, sir" i said. 

"You look tired. Now sleep" Mr. Malhotra said, patting my head.  Actually i am very tired and sleepy too. So i rested my head on the seat. Then sleep took over me. When i opened my eyes, i found myself in a different room. I woke up from the bed startled. I rubbed my eyes to wipe the sleep away. 

"You are awake?" i heard someone asking. Then Mr. Malhotra came in front of me and switched on the light. I sighed in relief.  

"Relax. You're in my penthouse" he said while sitting beside me. 

"But why? I mean we were in the car" i frowned at him. Yeah i slept in the car. Then how i came to his penthouse that too instead of my apartment.

"When fell you asleep in the car, soon it started to rain heavily. And the distance to your apartment was very far compared to my penthouse. So i took you to my place. You were sleeping peacefully. So i didn't wanted to disturb you. So i carried you in my arms to here" he said while tucking a stray strand of hair. I looked at him with my wide eyes.