Chapter 44

Neha's Pov

I came outside the mall with my office friends. I brought a lot of dresses for Aasha. I am really happy for my friend. And Dev bhai is really very caring about her. The way he looks at her, clearly says that he is deeply in love with her.

Even my Aasha feels same about him. But she is very innocent. Even though she reads a lot of romantic novels, she didn't find out about her own feelings. Soon i reached my car. I was in my own thoughts when someone called my name. I turned to look who is calling me. There he stood again. 

"Okay now we have to leave bye" my friends said. I too bid them bye and left to my car. I placed my all bags in the back seat. I sat in the driver seat and was about to start my car but Varun stood in front of my car. I sighed in frustration. I got out of my car and went towards him. I stood in front of him with my arms crossed.

"Now what, Varun? Please yaar leave me" i said in frustration.

"Neha, i want to talk with you. Please, I just need fifteen minutes. Then i won't disturb you. Please Neha" he pleaded me. I can see his moistened eyes. His sight melted my heart. So i just agree with him. I locked my car. We both went towards a small cafe. 

"Now tell me what you want to talk?" i asked him placing my both elbow on the table crossing my fingers. 

"Neha, i can't live without you. Just give me a last chance. Please Neha" he asked me with his pleading eyes. I sighed at him. 

"Chance for what Varun?" i asked him. 

"To prove my love to you" he said confidently.

"But i don't love you and i don't trust you" i said. His face fell after hearing my words. 

"I know. But just give me a chance Neha" he said. 

"Chance to break my heart?" i asked him. 

"No. Chance to mend your broken heart with my love" he said. I laughed at his words. 

"You must have watched some romantic film. Listen Varun. Everything is over between us. In fact, what you now feel for me is not Love but its your Guilt. Thats why you're saying this all to me now. Lets just forget about everything, okay? I forgave you long before Varun. And more than that you realised your mistake. That is more important. You don't need to feel guilty anymore. Lets forget what happened in our past. Move on Varun. Find your true love. And don't repeat your mistake in your future, Okay? Just move on" i said looking into his eyes. When i said to find his true love, i felt like someone poking my heart with needles. Because there was a time when i thought that he is my true love and i am his. Its right. Truth is always bitter. And the truth is i am not his true love. I gulped the lump that formed in my throat.

"My true love is you only, Neha. You showered me with your love and care, when i didn't know your value. Now you're avoiding me when i realized your value in my life. You're my peace, Neha. You're the most important person in my life, Neha. I want to rectify my mistakes. Why you're not giving me a last chance, Neha? Everyone was with me, when i was wrong. Now i am changed but no one is believing me. Everyone in my family hates me. I know i deserve their hatred. I deserve your hatred. I am not asking for your love, Neha. I am just asking for a chance to show my love to you. You can hate me as much as you want. But just let me love you, Neha. Just give me a chance to shower my love on you. Please, Neha" He said while tears rolled down from his cheeks. I suddenly had the urge to hug him tightly. But no.. I can't. I bIte my lips to control my tears.

"Do you love me?" i asked him. I don't know why i asked him this question. 

"Yes. I love you with my life, Neha. I won't even hesitate to sacrifice my life for you. You became my peace, my life, my breath, my everything, Neha. I love you from the bottom my heart" he said firmly.