Chapter 83

Hey dear readers! Happy New Year guys. This is New year's first update. Enjoy reading....

Dev's Pov

I closed my eyes remembering Aasha's words. Was I wrong in these all years? Did…my dad married that women because of me? Then why my dad didn't say anything about this to me? I opened my eyes feeling frustrated. It was me who didn't give him any chance to explain. I am feeling numb all over my body. The pain in my heart….it's suffocating me. I clenched my chest not able to name the pain that I am feeling in my heart. I stood up from my bed with a determination.

Only one person can answer my all questions. I went to my dad's study. I entered into his study without knocking the door. But he was not there. I sighed feeling frustrated. Gritting my teeth, hesitantly I went to his room. I knocked the door for three times. But there was no response. Again i knocked the door with force. But still there was no response. I rubbed my face with my palms and was about to go to my room but stopped abruptly in my way when I recalled Aasha's words.

"Even after shifting to his room, she didn't let him move his wedding photo frame with his first wife. She didn't even get jealous of her husband's first wife. Instead she adores her and respect her for giving him her love and care'

I turned towards the door again. After my mom's death I didn't step into this room. But I still remember how this room once was. My mom used tell me stories at night in this bedroom. I used to hear her stories while lying between my mom and dad. I slowly opened the door. The door opened with a Click sound. The whole house is calm. I can even hear my own drumming heart beat. I entered inside the room slowly. I felt relieved after noticing that there was no one inside. But when I looked at the room, my body went stiff. The room was the same like in my memory. Same colour walls, white and blue. My mom's favourite colour. Every thing in this room is same like how it used to be before my mom's death.

Then I saw my mom and dad's wedding photo on the wall. My eyes turned glassy. I went near the photo and caressed it with my fingers. My mom looked so beautiful in this photo. She is smiling beautifully. I have this photo in my room too but in a small size. Then i saw another photo frame on the wall above the headrest of the bed. In that photo frame my dad and Varun's mom is smiling brightly. She is wearing a red saree, mangalsutra and sindoor where as my father wearing a black suit, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. Aasha was indeed right.

No one would like to keep their husband's first wife's photo in their bedroom. But… Varun's mom had let my dad to keep this photo in this room. So she didn't try to take my mom's place? My dad also didn't give my mom's place to her. He married her for me. I was blinded by my hatred. Why I didn't hear my dad's words? How many time he tried to talk to me? But what I did? This woman in the photo who is my dad's second wife, i never missed a single opportunity to hurt her and insult her with my venomous words. But still she took care of me not minding my harsh behaviour towards her.

I still remember how I used to have nightmares after my mom's death. I remember someone singing lullaby for me. I remember someone hugging me and kissing my forehead, giving me the sense of security. I thought it was my mom. But when I woke up in the morning from my peaceful sleep there was no one in my room. I thought its just a dream. But No…

It was not a dream. This woman was the one who took care of me at that time. She married my father without expecting anything from him. She neither hated me nor my mom. Not even once she treated me like I am her step son. She was always kind to me. She always prepares my favourite foods and snacks. To say the truth I liked her cooking. I used to eat the foods made by her at night without anyone's knowledge.

I just thought that if I keep behaving rudely with her then one day she will loss her patients and she will raise her hand at me. So that I could use it as an opportunity to tell my dad and kick her out of this house. But no she endured all my hurtful words. I thought that she is pretending by showing her fake concern to me. That time I didn't know that my dad married her with a condition. No girl would have agreed for that condition. But she did.