Chapter 49

Dev Malhotra's Pov

Today i was quiet nervous when i entered into my cabin thinking how Aasha will react with me. I was waiting for Aasha. But to my surprise Nishma, my friend and also my business partner came to meet me. She was on her vacation. 

"Hey Nishma! When did you returned from your vacation?" i asked her while walking towards her with a bright smile.  

"Hey Dev! I came last night only. So i decided to pay you a visit" she said with her bright smile on her face. She gave me a friendly hug. I too hugged her. 

"Okay tell me. How did your vacation went?" i asked her while sitting on the couch beside her. 

"It was osm. How is everything going here?" she asked me.

"Good. Now we are concentrating on an Italy project" i said. 

"Great then. My father asked about you" she said. 

We were talking when i heard a door knock. Then soon my Aasha came into my view. But i don't know she looks quite dull. Her eyes looked like it lost its shine. I don't know whats bothering her. Is she again fell sick or is she upset of what happened last night? All questions started to run in my mind. We had an eye lock but soon she averted her gaze from me. Then she greeted Nishma. I introduced both of them to each other. But Nishma's behaviour towards Aasha was quiet weird.

Then Nishma left my cabin saying that she have to meet her father in the office. I asked Aasha about my today's schedule. 

Aasha also tried to leave after informing about my today's schedule. But i grabbed her wrist and pulled her to me. 

"How is your health?" i asked her, looking into her eyes. 

"I am good" saying this she removed her wrist from my hand and left my cabin. I stood there dumbfounded not knowing whats running in that little brain of hers. But one thing is clear that she is avoiding me. I sighed then went to my chair. I pressed my temple in frustration. I must have to find a way to get close to her. 

Aasha's pov

 I sighed in frustration. Its lunch time and this three friends of mine is firing their questions at me. And whats frustrating me was they are not even letting me to answer to their questions. They are asking questions and they themselves answering for that questions. So i started to eat my lunch. They didn't finish their questioning and answering session even after i finished my lunch. 

"Will you guys let me speak now?" i asked them, banging the table in frustration. They closed their mouth. Everything went silent for a moment. I sighed in relief.

"There is nothing going on between me and Mr. Malhotra" i said. 

"Really?" my inside mocked at me. 

"Then why he was so caring towards you in the hotel?" Riya asked me with her raised eyebrow.

"He was behaving like a caring boyfriend" Rocky said. 

"I am working in this company for two years. But i never saw Mr. Malhotra's this side. He always maintains his cold demeanor. But with you he is very different like very soft and less intimidating and he treats you different like….  " Shreya trailed off. 

"He treats you like you're his family" Rocky finished her sentence. I gulped looking at them. 

How they all noticed this clearly? Now what should i do? 

"I… I its nothing" i said, looking here and there. 

"You're a bad liar" They three said in unison. My eyes went wide hearing their words. Why everyone thinks that i am a bad liar? I sighed. 

"Look guys! I really don't know why he is behaving like this with me" i lied. 

"I think he likes you" they again said in unison. I just shrugged my shoulder.

"What about you?  How you feel for him?" Riya asked me. 

"I am here just for my job. Not to grow feelings for someone" i said coldly. 

"But why do i feel like you already fell for him? But refusing to accept your own feelings. Just accept that you love him. And i am sure Mr. Malhotra also likes you no.. no.. loves you" Rocky said. Thats it i lost my patience. I am trying to for get what i feel for him. But this conversation is adding fuel to the fire. 

"Stop it, okay? I am his PA. Only a mere PA. He is my boss. I don't have any rights to love him. I didn't fell for him and i should not fall for him. A person like me should live alone, suffer alone and die alone. Its my fate, okay? There is no love written in my life. You all got it?" i said this all in one go. I looked around. Thank god! Our table is far away from other's table. I don't Know why i yelled like this. Tears started to fall from my eyes. I wipes my tears and turned to leave. But to my shock Mr. Malhotra stood there like a statue. My throat went dry, seeing him standing with Mr. Mehra with a blank face. I passed after him without looking at his eyes. 

Dev Malhotra's Pov

I stood there like a statue after hearing Aasha's words. Me and Sameer came to the cafeteria to have some lunch as Nishma cancelled the lunch plan. Because of some urgent meeting. I thought of having lunch with Aasha. 

Why she is thinking about herself like this? 

"Stop it, okay? I am his PA. Only a mere PA. He is my boss. I don't have any rights to love him. I didn't fell for him and i should not fall for him. A person like me should live alone, suffer alone and die alone. Its my fate, okay? There is no love written in my life. You all got it?"

Is she stupid or what? Why she should live alone when i am here for her? Why she should suffer when i am here for her to change all her sufferings into happiness? And die alone? How dare she to think like that? Here i am trying to give her all happiness in this world but madam is thinking about dying. Be it in her life or death, i will be with her. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked at Sameer with a frown on his face. 

"Lets go to your cabin" he said. Then we walked to my cabin. 

"How dare she talk about herself like that? No. Enough is enough. Its time to knock some sense in her mind" saying this i was about leave to her cabin but Sameer stopped me by grabbing my shoulder. I looked at him with a frown. 

"She need some time, Dev. You should give her some time. She came to know about Neha and varun, and about Athul's death. More than that your feelings for her. It all must have stressed her so much, Dev. Thats why she yelled at her friends. She is always a soft girl. But today she lost her cool, man" he said while patting my shoulder.

"I understand, Sameer. But you hear, na, What she was talking about herself and how she is thinking about herself? Why can't she fall for me? Why she don't have any rights to love me? And what she said? A person like her live alone suffer alone and die alone? Why she said like this, Sameer? She said that there is no love written in her fate when i am here who is loving her like a crazy man. She said that she don't deserve any love in her life when i am waiting to fill her whole life with my love. She deserves everything every fucking thing damn it. And i am here to give her everything which she is carving for in her life, love, happiness and a family " i said, fuming in anger. 

"Relax, Dev. We don't know how much she suffered in her life. Thats why she is thinking about herself i guess. Just give her some time" he said and i nodded at him.