Chapter 78

Aasha's Pov

"You still have a lot of moves to learn. Dev is also a very tough player in Chess and won a lot of awards more than me. So you have to practice it often. Then only you can defeat Dev in this game" he said playfully. I blushed hearing Dev's name. Then only i realised that the relationship between Dev and Papa is quiet different. I always felt like there is a cold war going on between them. I hesitated before asking this question.

"Do you want to ask something, beta?" Papa asked me with a worried expression.

"I don't know if i can ask this question or not. But… " i trailed off. 

"Remember you're also a part of this family and my daughter. You can ask any questions you want" he said with a gentle smile. 

"Papa, i always felt like there is some distance between you and Dev. Even though he talks to you but its always in a formal way. And his behavior towards Meghna aunty is also quiet different" i said hesitantly looking at his face. He smiled at me and took a deep breath.

"He hates me for giving Aadhiya's place to Meghna" he said with a sad smile. 

"Aadhiya…Dev's mother?" i asked him with a frown. He nodded his head with a deep sigh.

"Aadhiya, my first wife, Dev's mama" he said. His eyes reflect pain and grief.

"She is the love of my life. Actually ours were an arranged marriage. But we both fell in love after our marriage. We lived a life which is full of joy. She was my everything and same goes to her. Our happiness knew no bound when Dev was born. I thought that i am the happiest man in the world with a beautiful caring wife and a son who is a symbol of our love. But my happiness didn't last long. She died in a car accident when Dev was only eight years old. Dev cried a lot that day when he got to know that his will never be able to see his mom. When she left me i was shattered and devastated that i even forgot that i have a son" he said in his shaky voice like he is remenising that day. His eyes filled with unshed tears. 

"After loosing her, i confined myself in my room not want to face the world without my beloved wife. Kesav and Mala is the one who took care of Dev when i was mourning over my wife's death. Dev was always a mama's boy. He won't do anything without his mom. When i came out of my grief, Dev already became aloof and distance to everyone. He only cried that day when his mom died. After that he didn't cry. Aadiya's death affected him deeply. Everyone in our family tried to talk with him. But of no use. His school marks also got affected. 

One day i went to pick him up from his school. But he was not in his school. I searched everywhere then i found him in a park near his school. There he was looking longingly at the children who was playing with their mothers. My heart clenched seeing my son's longing gaze towards other children's mothers" he said with a deep sigh. My eyes brimmed with tears thinking about that eight years old little Dev who carved for his mother's love and care. 

"I already lost my wife and didn't want to lose my son. Then i met my friend who is a psychologist. He said that Dev is carving for a motherly love. So he advised me to marry someone who can give a motherly love and care to Dev. Though i was not ready to marry someone else in my Aadiya's place, i didn't want to loss my Dev.

One day accidentally i met Meghna in a business meeting. We both were close friends. She once confessed her love to me When we were doing business management in London university. But i rejected her saying that i only saw her as a best friend nothing more. After that we both parted our ways. 

Meghna was always an innocent, naive and kind girl who never think  harm to others. She never behaved like a girl from rich family. Thats the reason why her own brother decided to marry her off to someone who is a playboy for business purpose without her concern just for money.