Chapter 46

Aasha's Pov

After the call, i sat on the sofa with all questions running in my head. I even don't know which question to ask them first. I was in my thought when i heard someone opening the door. I sighed, thinking this is going to be a long night.

Mr. Malhotra, Neha and Mr. Mehra stood infront of me. I got up from my place and went to the kitchen to make coffee for everyone. After making the coffee, i went outside only to find everyone sitting in the living area with a worried face. Neha is crying silently. I served them their coffee. 

"Dry your throat with this coffee. Because you all have a lot to explain, i guess" i said, sitting far away from everyone on the sofa. 

"Aasha" Neha called me with her trembling voice. I turned my face away from her. 

"You all were talking about some nIght, right? You tell me Neha" i said in my stern voice while sipping my coffee. I only got silence as my answer. 

"What night you were all talking about?" i asked, looking into her teary eyes. She gulped looking at me. 

"Ac..actually Aa..Aasha, when you went to your hometown, Athul escaped from his cell" she said, making my eyes go wide. 

"That day i went to attend my colleague's birthday party. I left from the party at 8 pm in my car. But in the middle of the road my car tire got punctured. I called a cab. So i was waiting for the cab. Then Dev bhai called me to inform about Athul's escape and he asked me about my whereabouts. I shared my location to him. But it was too late as Athul already came in front of me with a gun in his hands" she said with her trembling body. I went near her and hugged her tightly. 

"My god! Then what happened, Neha?" i asked her hurriedly.

"I started to ran away from him. I hid near a shop. I saw Dev bhai with his men searching for me. I came out from my hiding spot to reach Dev bhai. But before i could reach him Athul held me in his gun point just like the day in the farm house. Soon police also arrived to the spot. But Athul didn't scared of anyone. He was only determined to take my life. The police tried to distract him. Using that as a chance, Dev bhai and his men shot Athul on his head.

The police commissioner was Dev bhai's friend. So they closed Athul's case. They made a report to the higher officials that Athul esacaped from his cell and tried to kill me. So to save my life they encountered him" she said with a sigh. I hugged her tightly to comfort her. 

"Why you didn't tell me about this, Neha?" i asked her with a pained expression.

"I thought of telling you about this. But when you returned from Ahmadabad, you were already upset. So i didn't want to make you worry" she said with a sad smile. 

"You are such an idiot, Neha. I am really sorry Neha for not being there for you. I am.. I am really sorry" i said while hugging her. 

"Its okay, Aasha. Its all happened suddenly. Then i stayed at my parents house few days. I returned to my apartment one week before your arrival" she said with a smile. I turned towards Mr. Malhotra. He was already looking at me with his intense gaze. When i looked at his face i remembered his words. 

"I want her to feel the way i feel for her. When i saw her in the park, i fell in love with her. I want to win her heart by myself. I want her to fell in love with me. I want her to be comfortable with me. I want her to trust me and share everything with me. I want her to feel my love for her"

"Mr. Malhotra, thankyou for being there for Neha. Thankyou so much" i said with a genuine smile. He just nodded at me and turned his face away. 

"So you both know each other from the start, right?" i asked Neha while looking at Mr. Malhotra.