2

Carla

Carla

I was still a little bit pissed from what had happened today. How can someone be so arrogant? I wasn't the one who didn't follow the traffic rules, he was. Not only did he hit me, he thought he would be able to shut me up with his money. I wasn't gonna let him go. I decided to head to the police after my meeting with Nina.

I was already late when I left the office, now I was extremely late. All thanks to the arrogant guy who hit me with his car.

Getting out of my car, I walked towards the door. Nina had previously insisted that I have spare keys to her house but I denied it. She still tried to persuade me into having one, occasionally, but my answer always remained firm. I would come to her anytime she called for me but having the keys to your client's house was a bit too much.

I rang the bell and it wasn't long before someone opened the door for me. Jane, one of the housemaids, stepped aside and let me in.

"Where is she?" I asked her while removing my coat.

"Backyard," she said while taking my coat. I began walking to the backyard. The large mansion was extremely beautiful. The place had been decorated in European style. Whites everywhere. It was extremely quiet. My heels clicking against the marble floors echoed throughout.

Pushing the door open, that connected the backyard and the kitchen, I looked around for Nina. She was sitting a few feet away on the chairs which, she has specifically ordered to sit and watch the sunset. I walked up to her and stood behind her watching the sunset.

"You know, no matter how quiet you can be, I'll still know when you come." She said keeping her gaze fixed on the sun.

"Hmm.." I hummed.

"Let's discuss shall we?" I asked her after a moment of silence.

"Sure," she said standing up to her feet.

Nina was still a gorgeous woman. She had a keen eye for fashion and would always dress up beautifully. I had never seen her fingernails without nail paint and her hair neatly combed.

"It's starting to get a little chilly, why don't we head inside?" She offered turning to me and I just shook my head agreeing to it.

We walked into the house and sat down on the chairs by the stairs. Nina might be wanting to do some changes to her will, again.

"Carla, do you want something to eat or drink?" She asked politely.

"No, thanks Mrs. Beckett," I said with a smile.

"Alright then." She said as she sighed audibly.

"I want to discuss something important with you," she said as she shifted closer to me.

"Sure. Shall I get your will? We can surely change certain things." I said as I tried to reach for my bag but she stopped me by placing her hand on my shoulder.