56

Carla

"Don't move," I screamed as I held the gun with my shaky hands and tried to aim it at Aeden.

"No Don't!" He yelled as he tried to step closer.

"Get back!" I yelled again, trying to stay strong.

"Carla, just give me the gun and we can talk." He said but I instantly shook my head in negative.

"Why did you do it, asshole! Why!" I yelled as I looked at him with my blurry vision.

"Give me the gun and we can talk," he said trying to stay calm and stepping towards me, but that only made me tighten my hold on the gun and force a step forward.

"No!"

"Carla, give me that fucking gun. Now!" He roared like a beast and I flinched violently. Tears rained down my cheeks as I saw him enraged.

Why was he enraged? Wasn't he the one who faked the fucking shootout? If I hadn't received those anonymous images of him paying off one of the shooters, I would have thought that he took the bullet genuinely for me.

"It was all a facade. Everything!" I yelled and his men who surrounded me, tried to step forward but one show of hand from Aeden was enough to lower their guns and step back.

"Why are you doing all of this? Why can't you just let me be?!" My voice came out shaky despite my best efforts to stay strong.

"For you," he said as he stepped forward and I shook my head not believing anything he was saying.

"Don't lie," I said and he took another step as I stood rooted to my spot.

"Stay the fuck back," I yelled and pulled out the safety of the gun and aimed at him. My hands and legs were trembling but all I cared was how low could he fall? Why did he do all of this? What won't he just let me go? What was this crazy madness?

"Aeden, let me go!"

"Drug me or do whatever you want, so I cannot see the way out of this place. But please just drop me back at my house. Please," I begged as I lowed the gun a little and looked at him, trying to get it through his thick skull that we never belonged.

He was a criminal, who opposed and broke everything I followed. If I were to think that there was no one above the law, he was the one person who considered himself greater than the almighty himself. His world revolved around blood, drugs, and money. While mine did around my career, love, and truth.

We were like oil and water,
Silver and lead,
Fire and ice.
immiscible.

"I want you Carla, and when I say that, as my wife." He said and I searched his eyes through my blurry ones. His eyes held nothing but sincerity. And that scared me. His sincerity scared me to no end.

No, he shouldn't be sincere. He will only hurt me. He can't care. He can't!

And in that fraction of second, through my distraction, he moved closer to me in one swift movement and held my wrist and twisted it around my back, making my back face his front. His harsh grip on my wrist forced me to drop the gun down and I cried out in pain.

He didn't say anything as he turned me around and threw me over his shoulder and I cried out in pain as his shoulder hit my tummy. Placing one of his hands on my thigh and the other on my butt, he carried me up, despite my constant thrashing and scraping my nails on his back.

As soon as we reached our room, he put me down on the floor and shut the door, and locked it before I could reach it.

Holding my hand, he moved towards the mirror and snaked his arm around my waist, and pulled me closer till I felt his strong body pressed against my small back.

"Carla, give me a chance," he whispered as he dipped his head at the crook of my neck pressing his lips on my skin, igniting the sparks, I thought ceased to exist.

I looked at his crystal blue eyes through the mirror as he looked into mine through the mirror as well.

"No." My answer remained firm.

"Why don't you want to?" He asked as he peppered kisses all over my shoulder blade.

I inhaled deeply as I removed his hand from around my waist and he let me, surprisingly. Turning around to face him, I inhaled deeply, "Why don't I want to? Aeden you have destroyed me. You forced me into marrying you, only to find out that I was the price for a business fucking deal." My voice was a mere whisper by the end of it.

"You forced yourself on me. Never did you once ask, if I wanted it. You didn't even care about my consent when you fucked me till I passed out," I whimpered taking a step back, only for my back to hit the mirror.

"Carla..." he walked forward and tried to cup my cheek but I pushed him away.

"Aeden you have hurt me more than anyone. Concocting lies. Trapping me. Caging me and forcing yourself on me. If only you hadn't done all of these..." A sob escaped my lips as I looked at and fresh tears rolled down my cheeks over the dry ones.

I lowered my head not wanting to look at him. If only he had told me that he wanted to work things out and not drag me into this twisted game of his, which by the way, he called it affection.

"Look at me," he rasped as he moved closer and his strong manly cologne engulfed me.

"Look at me," he whispered again and his warm breath hit my nose. He pinned my chin with the help of his index and thumb and faced me to look into his eyes.

"Carla, just this once, I won't fuck it up." He whispered as he lowered his face and pecked my lips. He pulled back almost intently but not before growling.

"You can only hurt me Aeden," I whimpered.

"One chance is all I ask for," he said, still holding my chin.

"N-No." I stuttered but the determination in his eyes made me weak on my decision. Fresh tears brimmed my eyes as I remembered everything he had done to me. He was nothing less than a monster. I pushed him and he stumbled back due to the impact. I moved away from him but he didn't let me. He held my wrist gently and forced me to turn around, gentle yet again.

"I know I have hurt you enough, but I want to fix everything. Let me in. Please!" His eyes held a pained expression and let his guard down. And that is when I realized that this narcissistic and egoistic man was pleading.

And I froze.

To say I would be stunned would have been an understatement. His face contoured in an unreadable expression. My lips parted in disbelief. As much as his eyes sparkled with determination, his eyes still held hurt. The pain of being rejected repeatedly.

But what about me?

Don't I have self-respect? Don't I deserve to live my life the way I want? Do what I want, and not be bothered about anything but myself? I didn't want any of this to be with. What I thought was a death wish to make his mother happy, turned out to be a bloody obsession, trapping me in these series of lies. Using me.

"If and only if you decide to tell me why you did all of this. From the business deal till the shootout, I will think about it." I smirked inwardly knowing he wouldn't tell a single word.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I may be late or early considering the different time zones of the world. but let God bless all of you wonderful guys.

I was supposed to update this chapter yesterday, but my dog had a severe allergic reaction after his night walk and had to be rushed to the ER immediately, which also explains why it is so short. I also wanted to keep some suspense for the next chapter. And being unsatisfied with the draft of this chapter, I re-wrote it. bUt rest assured I'll update regularly from now on. There may be mistakes, I'll edit them soon enough.

Please vote and comment. Your engagement is my biggest motivation.

Do follow me for more such stories.