35

Carla

Carla

I pull the light pink cardigan over my shoulder to hide the vicious bite marks Aeden had given me. I threaded my fingers through my hair and massaged my scalp. I had been having headache since morning.

I walked over to my bed and slumped on the soft mattress, pulling my knees closer to my chest. Pulling the sleeves of the the cardigan to cover my palm, I try and close my eyes. I wanted to sleep but I just couldn't.

I had been having my recurrent nightmares and without my meds, it was getting difficult. I just wanted my meds but I couldn't ask Aeden for it.

Since last night, after his assault, I haven't left my room. I didn't want to face him. He was disgusting. He did send Paolina and Isabelle with some food but me being me, I refused. They tried getting me to eat but I was just hell bent.

Tears gather my eyes as I tried to pry away the feeling of his finger inside of me but it just wasn't. It wasn't that easy. If everything was easy, what was the point of even trying?

I just wanted to go home. I was definitely home-sick. Sure I had no one waiting for me when I got home but it was much better than living around a bunch of criminals. I did see the men dressed in black pull a bloody body from the property the other day. I don't know how many more crimes have been committed here.

I don't even know if Isabelle and Paolina are aware about all the killings and the way Aeden had tied Eric up in the basement.

In the few days I've been living here, most of the rooms are forbidden to visit. Isabelle and Paolina, being the housekeepers aren't allowed either. According to what Paolina said, the keys are only with Aeden and Eric.

I didn't understand why Eric was being treated here. I mean Aeden almost killed him. I did think that this place belonged to Eric but apparently it doesn't. He walked around like he owned the place though. I wasn't even sure if the Aeden owned the place and if he did, was he the capo Isabelle was referring to? Was it possible that he could be involved in something illegal?

I mean at this point, I don't even doubt. He had a customised fucking pistol, which I found in the drawer. And then, him carrying a gun always, made me think otherwise. He made no attempts to hide him carrying the gun, and oh, also the freaking dagger.

I heard some shuffling before the door unlocked. I lift my head up to see the doorknob turn and the door screech open.

Breath caught in my lungs when I saw Aeden enter the room. My breathing quickened as I quickly sat up.

He for some reason looked calm. I thought he'd be pissed that I hadn't eaten anything but it wasn't like that. I assessed his body language and there was nothing suspicious about it. His dark hair was disheveled and his shoulders shrugged as his hands were in his pockets. He was wearing a blue sweater and black jeans. It still seemed weird looking at him in casuals as he always wore a suit.