5

Carla

Carla

I looked at the door one last time before ringing the bell. I brushed my dress down and looked up.

The door flung open revealing a smiling Sarah. The smile wasn't a happy one, it was rather sad.

"Hello," I greeted her when she stepped aside and let me in.

"Hi," she said.

"What's wrong?" I couldn't help but ask.

"It's mom," she said and I frowned.

"Where is she?" I asked and she told me she was seated on the back porch. I beelined straight to the porch without giving anyone or anything a glance.

"Hi, Mrs. Beckett," I greeted her. She stopped reading her paper and turned behind.

"Have a seat dear," she said. I sat down next to her on the wooden chair.

I realized soon enough that her gaze remained fixed on something else. I followed her eyesight to see her looking at Pearl and Aeden.

"I hate that bitch," she scoffed. It took me some time to register she was talking about Pearl.

"Don't say that, she did nothing to you and can't call someone names without knowing them," I said.

I like Nina but right now, she was being unreasonable. She can't judge someone like that. I didn't speak to Pearl but I'm no one to judge her based on her looks or the way she comes out.

"You know she is a bitch," she said and I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, tomorrow, we are having lunch together." She said with excitement. Wasn't she sick?

Yesterday when I asked her to come and meet me at the firm, she said she was too sick and weak for it and now she was ready to go for lunch?

"Aren't you weak?" I mocked her.

"Oh forget about weakness, tomorrow lunch 12:30 PM at one of our hotels, I'll ask someone to give you the address," she said and I just nodded.

"Wear something nice and bonus, Pearl is not invited," she said with a sly smile.

"Why isn't she invited," I asked with a frown.

"She isn't family, dear," she smiled, and for some reason that was unsettling for me.

I knew she wasn't invited because Nina didn't like her but I looked at her and Aeden who were far away in the garden, looking so happy. He doesn't deserve me. He should be with the one he loves.

I admired the way he laughed so carelessly around her. He wasn't cold or anything like he's with me.

"Okay," I just agreed to whatever Nina said as I didn't want to fight with her over someone.

After some wedding discussion, which by the way Nina practically shoved the conversation my way, I walked out of her mansion tired. I was hella tired.

I showered and drifted to slumber as soon as I crashed on the bed.