64

Carla's eyelids fluttered open when a gust of cold breeze hit her body, making her shiver slightly. She was welcomed by Aeden's light subtle that was scattered across his face as he carried her into the house, with his eyes ahead.

He held her firmly enough to make an unknown warmth seep through her body. One side of her face was pressed against the soft Lenin material of his shirt. His heartbeat was heard vividly and came out calm and loud.

"Leave me," she whispered and didn't avert her gaze from him. He paused and he looked down at her a little surprised.

"You are awake," he said. Just a statement, no question.

"I don't think so," he mildly gritted his teeth and increased his hold on her warm body.

She sighed in defeat as she couldn't keep her eyes open. Letting it go, she closed her eyes partially as Aeden carried her up to their or rather his room.

She didn't want to accept it but they now shared a room. Aeden thought this was progress but she was having the feeling of nothing but being caged.

He slowly laid her down on the bed and she instantly curled up like a ball, bringing her knees to her chest and holding on to the jacket tightly.

Aeden frowned looking at her and pulled the duvet by the end of the bed and covered her with it. There was a sort of relief that contoured her face. Looking down at her weirdly, he shot his hand up and pressed it against her forehead to only notice her skin burning.

"Shit," he cursed as he walked over to the bathroom and brought out a thermometer.

He pushed it closer to her sealed lips and Carla, parted it slightly as he placed it under her tongue. She didn't protest, she felt weak.

Almost a minute later, the thermometer beeped and Aeden carefully pulled it out and looked at the temperature that was displayed on the small screen on the stick.

"You are running a fever," he said impatiently and stood up pulling out his phone. After searching for a specific number, he pressed the phone to his ear.

"Aeden, don't call the doctor. This is common. Just give me some aspirin." She whispered making him frown. But he didn't listen, when had he ever?

"Hello," he spoke and Carla, just closed her eyes shut, trying to actually concentrate on what was happening around her. He walked out to the balcony and came back a few minutes later and stood beside her caressing her cheeks, with the back of his fingers.

"The doctor will be here soon," he said softly and pressed his lips against her forehead for a small kiss.

Carla moaned due to the heaviness in her head but groaned out when she felt the sudden urge to use the toilet.

"What happened?" He asked her and she parted heavy eyelids and tried to sit but Aeden stopped her by placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I have to use the toilet." She said and pushed the duvet off her body.

Aeden was quick to carry her in his arms, which only annoyed Carla. She found this a little bit unnecessary but welcomed it because she felt the energy drain out of her body.

He dropped her down by the toilet and Carla held the counter for the support all the while waiting for him to walk out. But when he didn't, she spoke up, "Can you please wait out?"

"I'll turn around," he affirmed making her snap her brows together. She was already feeling really weak and she really didn't want to argue with him.

"Please," she requested one more time hoping he would listen. He looked at her pleading eyes and nodded hesitantly.