11

He entered the room, which was supposed to be for the married couple. Him and his wife. He swiped the key card and pushed the door open. He was welcomed to a dark and cold room. He looked for the light and turned them on. But the key card fell from his hand when he looked at the room.

The decoration which was done was all destroyed. Flower petals on the floor and there was barely any room on the floor to walk. He walked closer to find the room completely empty. Empty bottles of alcohol were scattered across the room and so was the duvet. His lips parted in shock as he looked at his surroundings.

But the last straw was when he saw the bloody footprints across the floor and the broken vase. His eyes widened at the amount of blood that was on the white granite floor. But the biggest question was, where was Carla? For a fraction of a second, his mind went blank but recovering from the shock, he ran out of the room to look for her.

He rushed outside without even bothering to lock the door. A few feet ahead, he found her white heels, which she wore during the ceremony, now were bloody and were abandoned by the side of the wall. He ran straight to the reception. Droplets of sweat appeared on his forehead fearing something bad might have happened to her.

He crashed at the reception desk and wasted no time and rang the bell. The receptionist, who had turned her back to him, quickly faced him hearing the urgent rings of the table bell.

"Where is she?" He asked as he breathed and panted heavily. He was extremely impatient. He was afraid that something dreadful might have happened to her. He didn't want to have such negative thoughts but he could not completely abandon the possibility. He was just hoping she was fine.

"Where is she!" He growled like a beast and slapped his palm on the desk when he didn't get an answer from the receptionist. She flinched at his tone and action and looked down and took a few steps back.

"She came some... some... time a...ago for a light an...and a cigarette," the receptionist stammered, afraid he might harm her. He shot her a glare and the poor girl didn't even look at him.

"Show me," he said but she didn't respond.

"Show me where she went!" He snapped and she nodded as she walked from across the desk and began walking to the back of the resort where she saw her go.

The receptionist and he looked around for her. He had lost all of his hopes when he didn't find her but noticed a small and shivering silhouette at a distance laying on the cold blanket of snow. His heart skipped a beat looking at the scene. He wasted no time and rushed to her.

He froze in his spot when he looked at her laying on the cold floor shivering. He crouched down beside her.

"Carla," he called her name looking at her opening her eyes partially.

"Call the ambulance," he yelled at the receptionist who had followed him. She ran back immediately to give a call for help. He carried her limp and cold body and placed her back on one of his thighs. She was shivering uncontrollably. She reeked of alcohol. The smell was too strong to not notice. Her body was blue while her quivering lips were drained of its cherry color. He saw the corner of her lip curl up. She looked distraught.

"Carla?" He patted her icy cold cheek and only received a whimper in response.

"Carla, can you hear me?" He asked again soothingly, receiving no words from her side.

"You are so cold!" He said as he felt her body against him. It pained him, to see her like this. Looking at her wasted and shivering, it hurt him more than it should have.

"Shit," he said as he noticed her feet and her right hand, which held the now broken alcohol bottle. It broke when she fell down and pricked her skin which was now bleeding. He looked at her to see her eyes drooping and closing back yet again.

"No, no!" He whispered under his breath looking at her pass out.

"Ambulance fast, she's bleeding," he yelled loudly on top of his lungs to no one in particular, looking at her close her eyes.

"Carla?" He whispered softly and he moved his knuckles on her cheeks gently and delicately. He wanted her to open her eyes and stay awake but no matter what he did, she wouldn't open her eyes. Dread crawled up when her breaths became feeble.

"Please open your eyes," his voice came out desperate. He hugged her freezing cold body and pulled away only to carry her in bridal style.

**************

"And what are you supposed to be to the patient?" The doctor's voice was the first thing she heard when she was gaining consciousness.

"I'm her husband," another manly voice filled the room.

"This is a case of serious alcohol poisoning, we need to keep her under observation," the doctor said and she was welcomed with extreme brightness when she opened her eyes.

She shut her eyes immediately as it was too bright for her. Aeden noticed her eyelids flutter and pushed past the doctor and made his way towards her.

"How are you?"

"Do you want water?"

"Are you hungry?"

"Are you cold?" He asked her all at once. He was happy to see her awake. but she on the other hand frowned looking at him so worried about her. She slowly pushed herself to a sitting position and Aeden wasted no time and helped her by placing the pillow behind her as she leaned against it.

He looked at her settled and hugged her without caring about anything. He embraced her in his warm hug. She wasn't so cold anymore. The heaters in the hospital room were turned on full blast to help her feel warm. She closed her eyes as he hugged her and involuntarily leaned her head on his shoulder.

He pulled away and cupped her face on one side and sat down on the bed next to her. He brushed his thumb gently over her partially blue and chapped lips. She knew it was wrong to seek comfort in his embrace but she hadn't felt this way before. It was a new feeling for her. No one had ever cared about her and for once, she liked it.

"How are you feeling?" He asked her softly leaning his forehead on her hers. The distance was uncomfortably less for her.

She just nodded looking at his crystal blue eyes. A smile formed on his eyes looking at her. She didn't understand what this was but it was definitely wrong!

He shouldn't be here. He should be with Pearl. And like always, she pushed herself away from him before she could lose herself to her emotions and get hurt.

If I don't mention anything at the starting of the chapter, it means that it's in the author's or third person's pov. Please don't get confused. If it is Aeden or Carla's pov, it will be mentioned.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me for more.
Instagram:@tildamorte