25

5 days.

He pinched the bridge of his nose while pacing around his office. He just had two days left and but still hadn't had sex with Carla.

He took the paperweight from his desk and slammed it across the wall, creating a small and deep dent on the wall. He was beyond frustrated. She would never return home before him. No matter how late he was, she was never home.

He did for a second wanted to take her against her will but for that too, he needed her. And he hadn't fucking seen her face in five whole days.

Today he had made up his mind, he was going to do it whether she liked it or not.

He finished his work well in advance. But before he could go home, Eric entered his office without knocking and practically jumping on Aeden.

"What the hell?" Aeden growled in annoyance and pushed Eric. Eric stumbled back and was panting heavily.

"Aeden there's something important that I want to discuss with you," his voice was low as he was trying to get ahold of his breathing.

"I'm sorry, anything it is, it has to be tomorrow," He said without sparing him a glance and picking up his briefcase.

He turned around and pulled the door open but halted when he heard Eric.

"It's about your wife," He said panting.

"Someone's been threatening her," He added.

Aeden released the doorknob and turned around to face Eric.

"Someone has threatened your wife. She may be in danger."

"Sit," Aeden said firmly and walked back to his chair. Placing the briefcase on his table, he sat down on his large and fine red leather chair.

He placed his arms on the desk and interlocked his fingers and leaned a bit. Eric settled opposite of him and looked right into his eyes. He was panicking. It was his fault that he didn't pay much attention to Carla's call details as ordered by Aeden.

Aeden on the other hand was calm. He looked at his friend who was terrified of him.

"Who?" He asked calmly.

"We are trying to find out," Eric said looking at him.

Aeden reached down to his drawer and took the key and put it into the keyhole and turned it. He pulled the drawer open and took the tiny packet out and placed it on the desk. He pushed it forward towards Eric with two of his fingers.

Eric took it from the desk and looked at it. His eyes widened the second at its contents.

"Is this.. is this?" He looked up at Aeden.

"It was with Carla. She dropped it five days ago." He spoke. His voice didn't weaver and remained calm.

"How?" Eric asked in disbelief.

"I don't know. Maybe this is the reason why she's getting those threats." Aeden said and Eric nodded in agreement.

"You need to return, this place isn't safe anymore, especially for your wife." Eric pointed out.

Aeden swirled his chair to his right and looked out the large reflective windows.

"I have something to take care of before that," He said in monotone and got up and took his briefcase, and walked out of his office; Leaving Eric dumbfounded.

He didn't know why she had those ecstasy pills but he had to take her away from here. His rivals would do anything to get to the people he loved. And Carla unknowingly might have gotten herself in a shit load of trouble.