45

Carla

Carla

The lights shimmered as it began backing out. Despite the distance, this island had the most beautiful view and buildings.

Aeden or should I say, Vincenzo, as he liked to be called, partially dragged me here to one of his private islands. I didn't protest. I had given up a long time ago. He could have his way with where I lived now.

I still hadn't looked down at my body but the wound had definitely healed. It was now probably an ugly scar. I didn't want to look at it. I didn't want to remember that day or what happened that night.

Placing the rim of the bottle on my lips, I guzzled down the strong liquid and winced. It has been some time I actually had any sort of alcoholic drink. But right now, nothing seemed better than this. I probably have drunk my ass and won't be able to stand, yet I chose to sit on the edge of the terrace of this large mansion. I have never grown with a house that actually had a terrace and I really appreciate that this one has.

This specific alcohol is really strong and expensive too. Rich husband might as well exploit his money.

Vince or Aeden was busy with his drug business and I just sat in one corner with something playing on the tv.

"You shouldn't be here ma'am," I pulled the bottle away and looked behind to see Paolina standing.

"Carla. Call me Carla." I said sternly as I looked at her through my peripheral vision as I turned my head sideways.

"It's cold, please get back inside." She said as she walked forward and sat down beside.

The thing about Paolina was she was a very sophisticated woman. She may be young, but she wasn't a perfectionist. She wouldn't dare question Eric or Aeden's orders and would follow them like a religious student. She was the sweetest soul.

"That day what you saw in Sir Eric's room, isn't what you think. We don't have any illicit relationships. It was... he just held me and-and all of a sudden he... he just..."

"Shh," I said as I noticed her desperate attempt to justify her actions.

"it's between you and him, I'm no one. I trust you, Paolina," I said as I saw relief flash her eyes.

"I swear, we don't mean anything," she said and I just nodded.

"Carla," she hesitated calling my name as I swayed a bit.

"Hmm," I hummed as I looked ahead.

"I think you (licks lip) maybe d-drunk," she stuttered.

"I think I am," I agreed and laughed out loud.

"Let me help you up," she said as she got up and dusted her clothes off before pulling me up to my feet with the help of my arm.

"You know why I hate myself?" I asked her as I stood up and nearly fell on her.