20

Carla

Carla

Placing my hands on either side of his chest, I pushed him away. Aeden moved an inch or so back and looked at me.

"Don't try and kiss me without my permission." my voice so low, only Aeden could have heard it.

He pulled away and turned to face the others. He placed his hand on the small of my back and walked towards the bar.

As we moved away from the crowd, I reached out for his hand that rested on my back way too comfortably and removed it.

He was a bit startled but, touching me this way made me a bit uncomfortable.

I turned to the bar and asked the bartender for a glass of water. He handed me one in no time. As I was about to sip on it, "Carla," Aeden called out softly leaning towards my ear. I looked up at him and he gestured me to turn around.

A fine gentleman stood before us in a Grey three-piece suite. His hair was gelled back and he had no facial hair. He was an inch or two shorter than Aeden and his broad shoulders and muscular chest stretched the shirt underneath his suit jacket.

"Carla, this is Eric Miller, and Eric, this is my wife Carla Beckett," Aeden introduced. My eyes widened at the fact he not only referred to me as his wife but also called me Carla Beckett.

"You are the wine lady," He chirped.

"You were that man?" I asked, pretty shocked.

"I'm really sorry, I missed my footing and my glass slipped out of my hold," He said. He genuinely sounded sorry.

"No problem," I flashed him a smile.

Eric looked oddly familiar. I don't if I was just overthinking or hallucinating, but I had seen him somewhere. I just knew. His voice, his face seemed so familiar.

"Let's meet formally shall we," he said and continued, "Hello, my lovely lady," He spoke in a raspy tone as he stretched his hand out for me. I placed my hand in his and he pulled it closer to his lips and placed a soft kiss on the back of my palm.

I also didn't miss the way Aeden clenched his jaw when Eric kissed my palm.

"My pleasure, have we met before?" I asked him plastering my fake smile on.

His face suddenly paled. I narrowed my eyes at him. He looked startled. Does that mean we've met before? But I don't remember where.

"Umm..." He began stuttering. I raised one of my brows at him and poked my tongue through my cheek. I know this very well, when someone is guilty or accused, they tend to stutter.

"Eric is my long-time friend and business partner," Aeden broke the stance.

"Is he?" I shot Eric an accusatory look. He looked everywhere but at me.

"Nice meeting you Mr. Miller," I said and grinned. He smiled back and shook his hand with Aeden before walking away, hurriedly if I must add.

Eric Miller. I need to look into this person.

"Let's go home, shall we?" Aeden whispered in my ear and I just nodded. I don't how he did it but I'd shiver every time he did that.

We walked to his car. My head was still throbbing. I needed some sort of painkiller. I got in and leaned my head against the window. I closed my eyes momentarily, only for sleep to invade me.

I woke when the cold breeze hit my sleeve. I snapped my eyes to my right to see Aeden leaning down as one of his arms were under my knees.

"No. Don't!" I almost yelled. He paused and looked up at me.

"I can walk, don't touch me," I whispered. I saw a swarm of emotions in his eyes but he masked that up pretty quickly as he moved away, nodding.

I got out of the car and walked towards the elevator. Aeden pressed on the buttons and when the doors opened, we got in.

The silence in the elevator could be cut with a knife.

As we reached the last floor, I ran out and unlocked the door with the code.

I ran to my room and locked the door behind me. I undid the zipper of my dress with great difficulty and slid out of it. The dress pooled around my feet and I stepped out of it and grabbed an oversized tee from my closet. Wearing that, I slumped on the bed and covered myself with the duvet.

Eric Miller.

The name had been bothering me all night long. Where have I met Him?

If we haven't met before, like he claimed or so I thought, why did his face pale at my question?

My head wandered back to Sarah.

Sarah!

I shivered remembering how Sarah was glaring at me the entire time. After the kiss, I saw Sarah standing far away shooting daggers my way.

I knew she was pleased with the idea of Aeden kissing me and so was I. But I don't know what she was going to do now.

I understand she cares about Pearl but I didn't kiss Aeden willingly. He forced the kiss.

I didn't like the way he forced the kiss on me in front of random people. I was drunk but that does mean he could kiss me.

On that note, every time he had kissed me was forced. I never kissed him back. I didn't want it.

Was I attracted to him? Sure. But it felt like he was cheating?

He was cheating on me and Pearl. He said he's in love with her and would be faithful to her but what was this?

Why would he kiss me or do anything for a matter of fact if he loved someone else?

Why did he do It? I don't know.

But today, I really didn't like the way he forced the kiss on me. Just didn't.

His eyes seemed hungry and obsessive. I may be overthinking but I'm sure they held some sort of crazy emotion.

He looked deadly. It made me wanna run from him. I don't know what was going on with him but whatever it was, it didn't seem right. A shiver down my spine imaging the way he was looking at me some time ago. It didn't look normal.

So, the next update is Aeden's pov...

Who's excited?