34

Carla

Carla

I was in the kitchen cutting the apple. Isabelle was making some sea food and Paolina was in some room cleaning.

"Why do you think Aeden is so into me?" I asked her as I turned around and leaned against the counter and took a bite from the piece of the apple.

She just smiled not understanding anything I just asked her. I wouldn't blame her. Isabelle was like a motherly figure who was old school and didn't try and learn different things. Paolina had slipped that her father worked for Aeden and that's how the duo got the job here as housekeeping. But when Paolina's father passed away, Aeden didn't fire them and kept them as they were loyal.

"Doesn't he love Pearl?" I asked more to myself.

Aeden had been confusing. Wonder what Perl must be thinking. Me being in different land, overseas, without any form of communication, didn't help because I couldn't even build a fucking case against him.

But one thing was for sure and nobody here was normal. Aeden and every single person here roamed around with a gun like its their mobile. And some even carried rifles.

I had been avoiding Aeden since the night we slept together on the same bed. As much as I repulsed his presence, him being next to me gave me a little warmth.

Oh my god!

"I know Eric!" I dropped the piece of apple on the counter and ran, shrieking.

"Isabelle I'll be back," I said and she just smiled at me. I marched to Eric's room, rubbing my hands down my tee.

"How could forget who Eric was?" I mumbled while moving up the stairs.

I almost ran towards his room and turned the knob and entered without knocking.

"Eri..." I froze as I looked up him or rather them.

My eyes widened and my mouth slightly parted in disbelief.

"I'm so sorry," I uttered quickly as they pulled apart a little and looked towards the door. I walked to my room and slumped on the bed.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. I should have knocked. If I had, I wouldn't have to see Eric's tongue shoved deep down Paolina's throat.

I looked at towards the night stand for the water pitcher but fuck my luck, it was empty. I had to go down again. I'm a super lazy person and this was just the cherry on top of my ice cream. This place was huge. Like ginormous. And the hallways were super long. Shrugging my shoulder, I decided to go down to get some water and probably a snack too.

Walk down and saw Paolina in the kitchen. As soon as I entered, she tucked a stray strand of her hair behind he ear whilst looking down. I glanced at her and immediately looked away. She didn't dare to look up at me and I didn't bother her either.