23

Her phone rang, jolting both Kiara and Carla in fear

Her phone rang, jolting both Kiara and Carla in fear. It was dark and the fact that both of them were watching a horror movie didn't make it any better.

"Ahhh..." Kiara screamed in horror when the jump scare on the TV completely startled her and landed up dropping the large bowl of caramel popcorn on Carla.

"Kia!" Carla yelled in fear and anger. She stood up and all the popcorn fell on the rug. She took her phone from the coffee table and answered it, whilst moving her tee to get rid of the popcorn that managed to get inside.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Carla, it's Jona," he said in a hushed tone, making Carla frown.

"Jona it's eleven in the night, what's wrong?" She asked him.

"It's about the client of yours. The guy that was murdered," his voice urgent and now reduced to a whisper.

"Yeah?" She uttered. She was confused as to why he was speaking that way.

"I can't tell you anything over the phone. It isn't safe." He said and Carla who was already, confused, it didn't make sense to her anymore.

"Please Carla, meet me near your office," he says and hangs up instantly. Pulling the phone away from her ear, she frowns. But soon a message follows saying that she should meet him in 15 minutes.

"I'll be back," she told the frighted Kiara, who had been eating popcorn that had fallen on the couch.

She took her coat and wore it. "I'll be borrowing your car," she yells to Kia and she gestured with her hand to go on. She slips into her shoes and walks out. It was chilly but she pulled the coat and covered herself. She marched to Kiara's red Toyota.

She shivered when a cold breeze hit her. Goosebump rose on her bare legs. She wasn't wearing anything but a pair of pink shorts and a crop top from Victoria's Secret Pink. The coat ended mid-thighs and it was a chilly night.

She got in the car and turned the heater on. Kiara wasn't a very clean person and her car really did give that impression of her. Her car was filled with used soda cans and other useless shit. She had pizza boxes and god know how old they were.

Carla groaned in disagreement but she had no choice. She came to Kiara's by cab for a girl's night and she had no choice but to use Kiara's car to reach there quickly.

Since it was night and many people weren't on the road, she was able to drive faster. She pulled the car by the sidewalk and got out to see Jona already waiting for her and was impatiently pacing around. She ran towards him, covering herself with the coat as much as she could.

"Jona?" She called him softly.

He looked up at her and he seemed tense.

"What happened?" She asked him clearly confused and unaware of what was going on inside his head.