42

Carla

Carla

I am sure that this car has a tracker. Aeden is one sick asshole and he's capable of doing anything. What I'm sure of right now is that nobody is following but not for long. I have to do run before Aeden actually figures out I ran away.

It won't be long before he wakes up and finds out I stole from him and ran away.

I pull up and park the car in a corner. I would be dammed if this car doesn't have a fucking tracker. I kill the engine and leave the keys inside the car and lock the car and just unlock my door before carefully closing it in such a way that it locks.

Well, now he'll need a mechanic to get to his car.

I need a change of clothes. I'm sure he would have already memorised what I was wearing. Taking the money I run to the shopping lane that was a bit of a walk from here.

I was fast on my heels. Not wasting a single minute. I had to get out of this place.

But what I wasn't expecting, was that all of my plans going downhill.

As I ran towards one of the stores, I bumped into someone and almost fell back if not for their stronghold on my arms, steadying up on my feet.

"I'm sorry..." I couldn't complete it as my mouth hung open in disbelief. His curious brown eyes looked back at my blue ones. He was still the same. In fact, he looked happier.

He was equally surprised as his eyes widened and looked at my distressed form from head to toe.

I pushed him and moved two steps back to maintain some distance between us. Something flashed his brown eyes and before I could read them, they were gone.

"Hey, how are you?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck with his palm.

Tears gathered my eyes and my heart raced wildly. Why does he still have some effect on me? He's just cheating moron after all.

"I'm how I'm supposed to be. Why do you care though?" I snapped. Well if today was it, then so be it! I was done cribbing over him for so many months now.

"Carla..." he stared but I didn't let him continue.

"Shut the fuck up, Jack. You of all people should know how much I despise you." I spat out venomously not caring I was somewhere in the street and I had to run from my husband.

"I'm sorry Carla," he said and when I looked up at him, it looked he truly meant it but I was having none of it.

"Did you like her better? Was she good in bed? She must have been, that you had to cheat on me!" I blurted out.

"If you had just told me. If you spoke to me instead of cheating on me, Jack. I would have let you go. You meant the world to me, Jack. You really did and I would have done it for your happiness. Instead, you cheated on me." I broke as tears that had welled up rolled down my cheeks.