49

Carla

I kept staring at the very white wall in front of me. Not even a single stop of dirt. I wonder how they manage to keep things here so clean.

"Carla!" I heard the yell and blinked rapidly, shifting my attention to my right to see Olivia standing by the bed.

"I've been calling you for a few seconds now." Her voice laced in anger. I smile at her faintly, giving all of my attention to her. I was so lost, that I hadn't realized when she came into the room.

"I'm sorry Olivia. How can I help you?" I asked her and she glared at me before sighing and shoving a hairbrush my way with one of her hands and she securely held Charlie with the other.

"I want you to do French braids. I asked Paolina but she said she didn't know. Will you please?" She requested and I smiled at her.

"Sure. I can do that," I said and took the hairbrush from her and she hopped up on the bed while I stood up to get the height difference between us right. I brushed her long, brown, and silky hair down and detangled it. For a nine-year-old, her hair was pretty long.

I took tiny sections and began braiding her hair. This is one of the things I learned in foster homes. There was a time when I used to have long hair and was forced to learn how to braid my hair. Brushing those old memories aside, I braid her hair down and secure the ends with a hair tie.

"Done," I said as I brushed the tips a bit and Olivia instantly jumped off the bed and ran towards the mirror to look at her hairstyle.

"Thank you so much, Carla. I love it!" She jumped looking at her own reflection, before running towards me and jumped on me, hugging.

"Whoa... there lioness! Slow down!" I said as she almost choked me.

"Thank you. Thank you. thank you!" She exclaimed before pressing her lips against my cheek and jumping back, kissing me. She ran out the door, swaying her two braids.

A smile formed on my face looking at the enthusiastic girl. I haven't seen someone so happy. Everyone around me is either gloomy, fussy, or pissed.

I sighed and sat back down on the bed just staring. I was practically caged in this large mansion and I chose not to leave this room. I didn't want to look at all those assholes holding guns.

"Hey," I picked up Charlie, who had been bought here with Olivia but she was too excited to take him back with her and left him on my bed.

I looked at him while petting him. He was honestly the best thing right now. He was so calm and how can someone not love this cute little animal?

"Beautiful," I heard and I froze. I didn't avert my gaze from the fluffy guy who sat on my lap.

I wasn't expecting him after yesterday. The way he fucked me over and over again, till he practically had to carry me because I was unable to stand, let alone walk. He was not once considerate about how I felt. He pounded into me ruthless and mercilessly. The dull pain between my legs is evidence of it.

"You look beautiful," he said as he walked closer to me and tucked a stray strand of my hair behind my ear. My heart rate picked up as his tall frame stood before me. My breaths shallowed and I didn't want to look at him.

He traced his index finger over my cheekbone, and a shiver ran down my spine. I tightened my hold around Charlie as I looked at him. He moved his idea finger slowly and sensually on my skin and reached down to my chin and now used two of his fingers to force it up.

My eyes collided with his blue ones. He still looked damn hot and handsome, but he was no less than a devil. His eyes held some sort of soft look and I couldn't decipher it.