43

Carla

Carla

I let him pull me because, at this point, I had given up.

"Are you alright?" I heard him ask as he paused by the large steel door.

"Does it matter?" I countered back looking up at him and he was slightly taken aback and his hold on my wrist loosened.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered looking at me as his eyes softened.

"Doesn't matter. Your sorry isn't going to stop me from hating him," I said emotionlessly looking at the door.

"Carla... he told-" I didn't let him continue as something inside me snapped.

"Doesn't matter Eric. What's done is done," I said firmly. He just nodded his head and sighed looking down.

"Forget that, what does he want?" I asked him, continuing to look at the door.

He just sighed and turned around and unlocked the large door open. Eric had bought me to a basement, on Aeden's demand.

Pushing it open, he wrapped his hand gently around my wrist, to support my weak body and pulled me inside. His steps slow almost like he waited for me to match his footing.

But once deep in the basement, I froze looking at the sight in front of me. My blood ran cold as Eric paused and released my wrist as if my skin burned him. That wasn't the least of my concerns as my eyes remained fixed on the figure in front of me.

A single tube light far away in the distance was the only source of light in the large and dark basement. I gulped as beads of sweat covered my forehead and my hands visibly shook.

A loud grunt echoed through the silent room as the man seated on the dark wooden chair wiggled desperately to break free.

My eyes winded in horror as a loud bang echoed and pierced the guy's gut, earning a loud cry from him. Blood pooled around him and it just kept dripping. Someone shot him.

"I'm sorry," he cried out as he tried to move his feet but was not able to, and instead he winced when I saw more blood pool around his foot.

And it then when it struck me that his feet were glued to the ground. Like with glue!

"I'm so sorry prophet," he whispered as his head hung down and his form shook.

"You shouldn't have betrayed me," his cold and distant voice reached my ears and I slowly turned my head to my right to the source of the voice, to see nothing but darkness. Only the light smoke that emitted from the corner was evidence of his presence.

"I didn't mean to," the man cried.

"You always have a choice. And you chose to betray me," his voice almost unrecognisable. His voice was strong powerful and extremely calm. Nothing like the way he ever spoke with me.