17

Carla

"Red. Something red!

Black.

Blue.

Green

Fucking yellow.

But nothing red!"

I yell in frustration, pulling out all the clothes from my closet.

This has to be some sort of a joke. I have all the colors except for red. How can this be? I mean isn't red a very common color?

Why don't I have something red?

I know, I know, a red dress is something almost everyone has. Why don't I have a red dress?

I walk over through the pile of clothes and pick up my phone which was on the bed. I looked through my contacts and called the only person that could help me with this.

After two rings, the call was answered.

"Hello," she answered lazily.

"Kia; Thank god you answered my call!" I chirped almost immediately.

"What it is Carla?" She asked and I could practically imagine her rolling her eyes at this.

"I need your help. I want you to go shopping with me." I said. I knew shopping was one of her weaknesses.

"Wait, you are telling me, you wanna go shopping? Are you sure you are Carla?" She asked in disbelief. I know where she's going with this.

"Are you sure you don't wanna order something online?" This was because I order everything off the internet.

"Kia, just come."

"I'll be there in 10," she said but I realized she didn't know I moved out of my place.

"Umm... Kia, I actually moved out." I said biting my lower lip.

"What?! And you thought it wasn't important for me to know?" She yelled.

"I'm sorry. All of it happened too quickly and I didn't get a chance to let you in on it," and continued, "I'll send you my location, bye" I said and hung up on the call before she could tell me anything more. I sent her my location and locked my phone.