44

Take off my disguiseI'm living someone else's lifeSuppressing who I was insideSo I throw two-thousand ones in the sky

I'm living someone else's life
Suppressing who I was inside
So I throw two-thousand ones in the sky

-Abel Tesfaye

Carla

"Who are you?" I asked in complete disbelief. It was hard for me to process but I had to I wanted to save my fucking life. I had no idea what he was going to do next. I'd put all of my money on him brutally murdering me like he is killing this guy. Slow and painful. Regretting each and every choice of your life.

A crude laugh echoed through the room. I noticed the way his head hung back as he laughed like this was the best joke's ever heard. So loud that everyone in the basent shifts uncomfortably. My mouth slightly parted in disbelief as I looked at him. He thinks it's a joke to torture and kill people?

"How can you be so naive?" He turned around still chuckling, making me frown.

"You haven't figured it out yet, haven't you?"

"Figured out what? That you run something illegal? A long time ago hubby," I sneered, mocking him.

"But could never find what exactly you did," I raised one of my brows looking at him whilst smirking cruelly. He was astonished for a second or two before masking it away.

"Hold up... you couldn't possibly think I'm that dumb right? You stalk my every move and I won't find out?" My smirk only grew wider and he gestured to the guy holding me to let go of me, raising two of his fingers up in the air.

When his hold loosened, I snatched my arms from his hold and stood up to my feet. And walked closer to him. My eyes fixed on him as hatred radiated from me. I was sure of it.

"Don't tell me you thought I wouldn't get to your truth,' I held him by the collar and pulled him closer. His face was blank. Wasn't able to decipher anything. But somewhere I knew he was burning from inside.

"My relationship with stalkers date years back, so it wasn't hard for me to spot another one," I whispered by his lips standing on my toes and with utmost confidence.

Bullshit. I found out he was stalking me today morning when I was locked in the penthouse with alarms so I wouldn't escape. I broke the lock of the only room that was locked and found out how much more disgusting Aeden can get.

"Aww... you are my not so innocent wife." He smiled and before I could realise, he pecked my lips. I instantly let go of him and pushed him back.

"You really are pathetic Aeden," I sat in sheer disgust.

"I know right! A lot of them say that. Nothing new," he smirked back.

"Who are you? Why did you become who you are?" I asked him and he began moving backward, his eyes fixed on me.

He punched the guy on the chair and cupped his jaw harshly.

"Now, answer her questions. You were with me for so long, I'll let you do the honours." He told to the guy in a calm tone.