73

Aeden

Sighing, I picked up my phone and my wallet before heading out the door. It was way past ten and it was highly uncommon for me to stay in my late mother's office for so long.

I didn't usually visit this place because it ran smoothly unless someone decided to fuck it all up. An employee thought it was cool to randomly blurt out the ideas of the upcoming project to one of the rival company employees and I had to come down to fix his shit.

I hadn't estimated that it was going to be of so much trouble when I left home this morning but turns out, it was big. When it was past ten was beyond me.

I wanted to go home and spend some time with Carla, but because of this one person, I had to be in and out of meeting all day long.

I rushed out of the building to see my chauffeur by my car. He opens the door as I walked near it and he bowed down to show respect. I nodded, acknowledging his bow. It wasn't long before we hit the road and I looked down at my watch before settling my gaze out. I unbuttoned my jacket and pulled it off my shoulders and hung it around my arm.

I wasn't sure if she was asleep or awake. It was late and she had been going to bed pretty early these days. It had been a few weeks since she killed Cliff and hadn't spoken about it since then. I so hoped she was awake and waiting for me. I had already texted her that I had finished my food, I was hungry considering I had to skip my lunch and could wait till I got home.

As the car pulled up in my driveway, I opened the door and got out before the chauffeur could make it out. I just wanted to go in and hold my wife. After the tiring day, I needed her.

As I let myself in with the help of the spare key, I was welcomed to a dull house. The lights were dimmed considerably. As expected, she was asleep.

I walked in and put my keys aside but halted in my movements as two small arms circled my waist and pressed onto my back.

My lips curled up in a small smile as her scent hit my nostrils and her cheek pressed against my back.

"I thought you were asleep," I said as I removed the cuffs of my shirt and let her lean on me.

"Hmm."

She only hummed in response and snuggled.

I know I don't deserve her forgiveness but I would rather live with my guilt than without her. Her not being with me was like death and I never realized how painful that was.

"Carla," I called out but she moved in front of me and that's is when I felt practically speechless.

She stood before me wearing a red silky nightdress that ended a few inched above her knees. It was secured in place by two thin straps on either side of her shoulder, very thin. Due to its deep neckline, her cleavage was visible, giving me a peek of her small yet perfect boobs. A see-through robe hung over it, that ended till her feet.

I gulped visibly as I checked her out head to toe. Loose curls hung over the sides of her shoulders, her hair looking as gorgeous as ever. Her lips looked a little red as she slightly bit on them.

Holy fuck!

She was definitely a fucking temptress. My cock was already reacting, enough to tell me I was gonna keep her sleepless the entire night.

She moved close and her long and slender fingers circled around my biceps as she tipped on her toes and brushed her lips against mine.

I sucked in a sharp breath and was about to pull her close, in for a kiss, when she held my wrist and pushed it back to its side. I groaned in anger and annoyance. Anger, because I want in control and annoyance because she was tempting me and wouldn't let me kiss her.