Epilogue

Carla

"So you don't feel guilty?" The woman in front of me asked. Her hair was neatly tied up in a bun while she sat before me, with a small notebook and a pen in her hand.

"Are you sure you are not saying this because you totally deny it?"

I shook my head slightly and looked down at my lap.

"You really don't feel guilty about killing someone?" She asked me again and I forced my head up and looked into her eyes.

"No."

After killing Cliff, I was little, well, too much in denial and Aeden forced me to take therapy with this lady before me. And also for my not so often nightmares, yet they still could shake me up and I couldn't get anything done the next day. Honestly, I don't like her. She is too much of a bitch for my liking. Since the time I have been attending the sessions, which were only two, she didn't hesitate to show me her displeasure of me being here. She was the only option because she knew who Aeden was and worked with him for a long time now. She was able to help Sarah and Aeden thought she could help me too, but I don't think so. I'm better off without her help.

"Are we done yet?" I asked, picking up my phone and my bag.

"No. We are not. You still didn't accept that you killed him." She yelled a bit louder as I packed up my stuff and moved to the door not caring if she was yelling or screaming. She couldn't go fall in a ditch for all I care.

"Carla," She screamed and I wore my sunglasses, and walked out without giving a shit.

As I reached out of the building, I noticed the familiar blue car and Aeden leaning against it with his phone pressed to his ear. He was wearing golden-rimmed aviators and grey slacks and a white dress shirt. He hadn't noticed me walk out yet, as he kept barking at someone over the phone.

He looked deliciously handsome as his hair fell over his forehead and his shirt hugged his biceps and chest, leaving nothing for imagination.

As soon as I moved closer, noticing my presence, he hung up on the call before straightening himself and pulling me into a warm hug.

Followed by a peck on my forehead, he pulled back and looked down at me, with his arms still around my waist.

"How was it?" He asked. His blue eyes pool of concern.

"Next time, find me a better doctor. She's a bitch." I said and pulled his hands from around my waist and walked towards the other side of the car to the passenger seat and pulled the door open.

"Hey," he called out before following me into the car.

"She helped Sarah."

I strapped my seatbelt on and turned slightly to focus on him. "Well, maybe she liked Sarah."

"Carla." He spoke, sighing defeatedly. It wasn't the first time he was conniving me to take therapy from her.

"What? I'm just fucking fine." I snapped and he shrugged his shoulders as he roared the engine to life.

"Why are you so stubborn?" He eyed me briefly as he pulled on the parking breaks.

"Just like you, hubby. I don't want to talk about this anymore." My sarcasm must have got to him because he didn't question me and began driving.

It was bright and a bit chill considering the winter was hitting. I have come to realize that Aeden has more tolerance to cold because he can walk around in this cold without a coat.

"I am tired," I pouted and scooted closer, and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I know." He said and rested his free hand on my thigh squeezing it a little. I closed my eyes and held his arm.