58

Carla

"Your chance in exchange for my freedom," I repeated and his grip on my wrist tightened to a point where a shallow cry escaped my lips.

"Aeden you are hurting me," I winced out and but that didn't help. He still kept glaring at me like he wanted to bury me for asking for my freedom.

"What did you say?" His voice almost mocking but anyone could notice the raw anger behind them.

"My freedom." I gulped out looking at him. He was scary, there was no denying that but I had to stay strong. I can't crumble like a paper and I most certainly will not let a man control me.

"Aeden if you give me my freedom, I'll give you what you want. Your chance to woo me. And by freedom all mean is to let me around freely in a place I know and you and your shitty men not hounding around me." I finish. My voice came out shaky at the end.

"How should I believe you, eh?" He cocked his brow as he stepped closer to me till the tip of our toes touched and his minty breath hit my face.

"You have run from here before, what's the guarantee that you won't do it again?" His eyes darkened and his free hand balled into a fist.

"I won't. You have my word," I breathed out with confidence. I know one thing and that is never to hurt the person you give your word to.

"Umm... No. No. No," he moved back releasing my wrist and I instantly rub it with my free one. I saw him pace around, running his hand through his hair, messing it up.

"You will run again," he groaned and walked up to me. Holding me by my arms, he shook me. Frustration on his face was clear as a day.

"You will leave me. No. I can't let you go. I need you." He said desperately as he shook me. My eyes widened in surprise because I didn't know how else to react.

"I won't," I tried reassuring him.

"How can I trust you?" He spoke out impatiently as he searched my eyes for something.

"I won't. I have given you my word." I whispered as I tiptoed holding his forearms and kissed the corner of his lips, the only thing that came to my mind to assure him that I wouldn't leave him.

He stilled when my lips touched his warm skin. The fuzzy feeling that I didn't want to feel crept me with full force. I closed my eyes momentarily before pulling back, slowly and opening my eyes to notice him. He stood rooted to his spot just as shocked as I was. Only the sound of our breathing echoed in the room as our gazes remained locked.

I couldn't really tell what he was feeling. But I definitely felt something. The feeling of losing myself in the arms of another man. The feeling of being helpless. I will be doomed if I land up giving my heart to another man. I will not be able to take the pain if our relationship doesn't work out.

Regret hit me harder and faster than I imagined. What if Aeden plays with my heart just like Jack did? I couldn't bear another heartbreak. No.

What have I done?

I agreed to give him a chance but what if I hurt him too? Not that I cared but losing someone you want to be with is one of the most painful things that a person could ever go through.

I stared back at him, not with surprise but horror.

"Are you okay?" He asked me instantly, holding my shoulder. I blinked several times before forcing a nod.

He looked skeptical but eventually nodded in retort and walked out of the room leaving me alone with my disastrous thoughts.

"You have beautiful hair," I commented as I brushed Olivia's hair down with my fingers. Her gorgeous brown hair reached just three to four inches above her hips.