68

Caught up in work, she hadn't realized when hours had passed and it now was seven in the evening.

Her phone pinged up with a new notification but she ignored it like she had been doing for hours now. But when the constant sound of several notifications kept annoying her, she decide to put her phone on silent mode.

As she took ahold of her phone, she noticed several messages from an unknown number. Unlocking the phone she read the messages, which were images, and a sudden dread kept in, looking at all the images that had been sent to her.

They were several images of her. Taken the same way, in the starting she received a few stalking images of herself. Like the one in the hospital and Aeden's penthouse. She had not given it much thought as she didn't get any more pics after that and brushed it off thinking it was Aeden. Gulping, she swiped across her phone, looking at all the images of her.

As she was scrolling through her the photos, her phone rang, and breathing out shallowly, at an instance, she swiped it to attend the call, placing it by her ear.

"How are you, Rayray?" Came the raspy voice from the other side.

"What do you want?" She said pushing the chair back and standing to look out the window, through the blinds but was met with busy roads and bustling vehicles. It was impossible to find someone specific.

"You won't find me," he chuckled.

"Cut the crap, Cliff. What do you want?" She asked as she ran to the other window.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. How many times do I have to tell you? You will never find me. But I, on the other hand, have my eyes on you 24/7." His sick laughter boomed throughout the phone, instantly making her cringe.

She had begun panicking but for the sake of her sanity, tried to get through this phone conversation like she wasn't affected by just hearing his voice.

"Rayray," Cliff said again, pressing her buttons. Whenever she heard that specific word, she'd find herself having a full-blown panic attack.

Holding onto the tinted glass, she dipped her head down, inhaling deeply. Air wasn't reaching her lungs and her heart was hammering against her ribcage. In fact, amongst the loud noise of her heart booming in her ear, Cliff's voice was extremely faint.

"Oh, little Rayray, you miss daddy?" Cliff being the smart one was making sure she was able to think straight.

"W-what do you want," her voice was a mere whisper as a thin layer of sweat covered her forehead.

"I missed you," he said, making her rub her palm over her face trying to calm herself down.

Her breathing came out heavy as she pulled her phone away from a little, deciding to end the call, "Don't you dare hang up on me Rayray," he snapped and Carla shivered.

"Want daddy to stop by?" His sick sadistic voice clogged her sense and thoughts up. She was thrown into the depths of her past, despite her best efforts to stay calm.

"S-stop."

"I have been waiting for this for long now," he said through gritted teeth.

"Why now?" Carla asked as her knees buckled and she rested her forehead against the glass of the window.

"You know... waiting to strike for the right moment. When your husband has given up on you," He emphasized the word 'husband'. And at the mention of a husband, a sharp sense of pain hit her.

"What is it?" She asked trying to focus but she had already lost herself to her dreadful memories. She constantly kept on gulping to avoid the dryness in her throat.