47

Carla

Carla

Looking out, the day was bright and beautiful. The sun shone brightening up all of the trees and grass outside that was visible from up here.

My ears perked up when I heard soft giggles erupt out. Knotting my brows, I dropped my legs down and slipped my feet into my slippers. I stood up and walked out of the balcony.

The giggles only increased as I walked down the large and grand stairs. I moved to the source of the sound but halted once I reached the backyard. I noticed Paolina trying to get out of Eric's hold while he looked down at her sweetly as both of them stood behind the tree. I probably know it is none of my business and I didn't bother too much about it. They are adults and I guess they'll know better.

I turned my attention to the source of the sound that I came all the way down for.

I noticed a child running around carelessly and I frowned more if that was possible.

What was a child doing here? who was she?

Taking, small and steady steps and begin walking towards her. Her long brown hair slapped her face as she ran around in circles as she tried to catch a white bunny.

A bunny in between human hunters? That's something new now. How did it survive?

"Hey," I called out as I stood a few feet behind her.

The little girl stopped and turned around and looked at me. Her smile vanished and her lips sealed shut. She looked at me in surprise. Her blue eyes shone as the sun rays hit her face. Her pink floral dress made her look like an absolute doll.

"Hey," she replied meekly.

"I'm Carla," I smiled as I walked closer to her and extend my hand for a shake.

"Olivia," she let out a toothy grin only making my smile widen. She shook her hand briefly before pulling it back.

"You are new here," she said and I frowned.

"You stay here?" I asked her confused.

"Noooo," she shook her head vigorously and dragged the 'o'.

"She is my brother's daughter," I heard Eric from behind me and I turned back to look at him.

"What is she doing here?" I asked him.

"She is here for a couple of days," he said and gestured with his eyes and I understood that he didn't want me to ask more questions with the kid around.

"Do you wanna meet my bunny?" She chirped and I turned my attention back to her and nodded. She turned around and ran towards the little white animal that jumped around on the grass. She wrapped her tiny little hands around the small bunny and bought it towards me looking at the fluffy animal.

I was quick enough to drop to my knees as I accepted the fluffy animal from her. Bringing it closer to my chest, I caressed its soft fur and smiled. I have always been fond of little animals like bunnies.