19

"My babies," someone called them out as soon as they entered the hall

Carla looked up at Aeden in confusion. He rolled his eyes and pulled her ahead with him.

"How are you?" An elderly woman who seemed like she was in her late-50's walked up to them and immediately engulfed Aeden in a hug. She was elegantly dressed. Her Grey hair was neatly wrapped up in a low bun and she radiated a sense of sophistication and class.

Carla looked at the woman not quite identifying her. She tried to stay still as Aeden hugged the woman and his hold on her loosened.

She pulled away and made her way to Carla and hugged her, startling her. She looked at Aeden in confusion and he had a tired look on his face.

"She's lovely, Nina," the woman said pulling away and patting Carla's cheek.

"Hi ma," Aeden said and kissed her on either side of her cheek.

"How are you Aede?" She asked him.

"I'm fine ma," He said and pulled Carla closer to him by the waist.

"How are you darling?" Nina asked Carla.

"I'm great," she chirped.

"You seem like you are excited," the other lady commented and Carla just grinned.

"Aunt Georgia you seem more excited than her," Aeden piped up.

"I am dear, I'm so happy for you," she grinned proudly.

"Carla, this is my aunt Georgia," Aeden introduced a few seconds later after realizing they hadn't met before.

"Hello," Carla greeted with a smile.

"I'll need to look for Sarah, please excuse me," Georgia politely excused herself and walked away.

"What happened to her," Nina asked concerned. She had known Carla long enough to notice her behaving out of place. And the fact that Aeden constantly kept on holding on to her like she'd fall any moment, didn't go unnoticed by Nina.

"She's drunk," He shrugged his shoulders.

"What? How?"

"She went out with her friend, shopping I guess but when she came home, she wasn't even able to stand properly," He said and Carla just stood still next to him.