36

Carla

I emptied the bile that rose up my throat into the toilet. I lift my head up and saw Paolina standing by the door.

I gagged again and she immediately rushed to my side and held my hair up, dropping to her knees. I threw everything up that was in my tummy.

When I finished and slumped on the floor and leaned back on shower stall. She immediately got up and rushed out of the bathroom and came back the next second with a glass of water. She leaned down and handed it to me.

I accepted it and didn't thank her because I was having troubles to even keep my eyes open.

"Are you okay?" She asked and I just nodded my head in negative as I pulled the glass from my lips. The acidic taste of the vomit still persisted but it was much better. She nodded and before she could open her mouth, a familiar voice reached our ears.

"Pao—" his words cut short as he noticed me on the floor leaning my back against the shower stall.

"What happened?" He directed his question towards me as he narrowed his eyes.

"I think I have a flu." I sniffed and placed the glass beside me on the floor and with great difficulty, got up. Before I could take a step he rushed to my side and held my arm.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"I'm just helping you and I swear, I won't eat you up." He said rolling his eyes. I let him help because I was in no position to walk back out without scumming to the ground.

I sat down on the bed and noticed Paolina walk out the room without uttering anything. She was an extremely calm and quiet person.

"Eric?" I called out before he could leave as well. He stopped and turned around and looked at me .

"I want to talk to you." I said weekly.

"That's alright, but first I have to inform your husband that you're sick or I'm dead," he chuckled humourlessly and I forced a smile.

"That won't be necessary." I said and for some reason, he just nodded. I didn't want to look at Aeden. He had already done enough damage.

He walked closer and sat down by the edge of the bed.