16

She looked around her. Fear radiated from her but she didn't stop. She had to know who this person was.

She looked around for any signs of human activity. She gulped and wiped the sweat beads off of her forehead.

"Hello," Her shaky voice called out.

"Please," her chin wobbled as she jerked ahead.

A silent weeping echoed making her snap her head towards her right. It was unbeknown to her, why she was in this dark place.

"Who's there?" She called out.

"I can help," she said and looked around but nothing.

All of a sudden she was pulled back and her back thrashed against the wall. She let out a loud wail of pain. Her back hit the wall so hard, that she heard something Crack. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried to absorb the pain. She whimpered as she tried to change her position.

It was extremely Dark.

Before she could get up and make a run from there, a strong metal slapped her across her face and she closed her eyes and let her eyes see stars. She dropped to the ground and whispered something but it was too faint for anyone to hear.

Warm and heavy liquid ran down from her cheek and forehead. She tried opening her eyes and looking at the face of the person, whose black leather and finely polished shoes she was able to see through her blurred vision.

She sat up with a jolt. Panting. She looked around and wiped her face with her palm. Leaning to her side she turned the side lamp on.

Her face contoured with sweat. She was panting hard trying to control her breath. She turned to her side and dropped her legs down on the wooden floor. She sighed and looked at the bottle on the nightstand. It was empty she exhaled sharply and decided to head down to fill up her bottle.

She opened the door of her room and walked out in the dark. She had become accustomed to the place and was able to walk around without the lights. Since there were minimal accessories on the house, it was very unlikely she could actually drop something and wake Aeden up.

She beelines straight to the kitchen and switched the lights on. She turned the faucet on and placed the bottle under the running water. Filling the bottle up, she tightened the lid around it. She took a glass and drank up.

She kept thinking about the nightmare. It wasn't new but she hadn't had them for a while. But the thing that scared her the most was that she has never experienced anything of that sort.

Her life was rocky but not as painful as the dreams have been. She always finds herself trapped in a dark room. She never understood why she gets those dreams. She even consulted doctors because it was too much for her to handle yet no good came out of it. They'd always give her some medicines and send her back.

After some time she stopped taking her medicines because she thought her nightmares weren't recurring anymore. How wrong was she? Yesterday she saw one of her nightmares again and today it was another one. She had been pretty disturbed lately and blamed the nightmares as a result of exhaustion.

She knew better they will give her a hard time now.

Her nightmares were so recurrent that she bathed in the solace of her ex, Jack but when they parted ways, she resulted locking herself up in her room to overcome her fears. She'd stay awake all night, just so she could avoid the haunting nightmares.

She always wondered if she was living someone else's dream. With her nightmares returning and all the other things happening in her life, she had to get a hold of it. She wasn't gonna let her nightmares disrupt her good career.