10

Carla

Carla

I stood with the bouquet in my hand. I was nervous. I could potentially be ruining someone's life but for some reason but, that thought didn't bother me much today. I was anxious because I was getting married. It was not a part of my life but, here I was all dolled up to get married.

I always thought I'll get married in the future but that was far and not at 25. I did imagine myself getting married to Jack but that asshole screwed my life over and was enjoying his life while I was still hung upon him. It isn't easy to forget the boyfriend you were head over heels with, is it now?

I wanted my life with him. Everything I ever did was with him in my life. For three years, I compromised; Sacrificed; but what did he do? He cheated on me. And I would have accepted it if not for the person whom he cheated with. Stella. She was like the sister I never had. She knew me really well. In fact, she was the only person I ever opened up to. I didn't even speak to Kiara because I had Stella. I haven't seen or spoken to her for months now. There was a time where I couldn't go speaking to her for a single minute.

"Carla, be ready," Jane said with a smile. I've always liked Jane. She was the sweetest. I just nodded at her in response and saw her walk away. I sat down on the chair and inhaled deeply.

"No this is wrong!" I heard a female voice. It was loud yet so distant. I could hear two people arguing about something. I got up and walk to the window to see if there was someone. I couldn't identify the two people who were standing behind the trees and arguing but I could make out that only two of them were there.

The female voice which was now reduced to whisper sounded distressed. I know it is wrong to eavesdrop but it felt like she needed help. I bent down and gathered my dress in my hands and opened the door and walked out. I was careful enough to not make much noise as I didn't want to alert them. I stood behind a tree while I took in the faces of the two people in front of me.

Sarah and Cliff.

"He needs to know," she gritted and looked around to see if anyone was listening to them.

"Yes but," he said and ran his hand through his hair and looked around almost like he was confused.

"He needs to know. Pearl will do everything in her power to hide it; she'll never let him find out out about it. In fact, we wouldn't have found out if not for you receiving her letter." She said as tears pooled her eyes.

What are they talking about? This felt wrong to listen to. I was barging in their private conversation. I turned around to leave but what was left of Sarah's mouth next, made me freeze.

"She's pregnant with his child! He needs to know the truth!" She cried out.

Whatever she or Cliff next, I didn't hear it as I walked out of the place. I walked back to my room and closed the door and slumped down against it. I closed my eyes realizing what I'd be doing. No. I can't marry him. Not now. I needed to do something.