37

Carla

Carla

If only I could explain the look on his face. To say he was enraged would have been an understatement. His hold on me was so harsh that I'd probably end up with ugly bruises but again, I didn't have it in me to actually push him or break free. I felt weak. My whimpers were muffled and despite him being so close to me, they were all unheard.

"Isabella, vattene." He growled as he looked straight ahead at the wall in front of him. He didn't even turn back. (Isabelle, get out)

"Sí," she mumbled softly, and turned around and walked out without even looking up. (Yes)

"Ucciderò quella cagna," he gritted out making me shiver at the intensity of his low, cold and hostile voice. I didn't understand anything he said but I assume he was cursing. (I'm gonna kill that bitch)

"Controllala e se provi a farle del male, non sarai vivo per vedere l'alba di domani," he said pulling away and looking at the doctor and she just nodded. (Check her and if you try and hurt her, you won't be alive to see tomorrow's sunrise)

"Capo, sarebbe meglio se potessi aspettare fuori finché non finisco con lei." She requested professionally bowing to him and after much contemplation, he nodded and walked out, closing the door behind him softly. (Capo, it would be for the best if you could wait outside, till I finish with her)

"Potresti spiegare cosa provi?" She asked softly, a completely different tone she used with Aeden. It was soothing and welcoming, unlike the professional one she just addressed Aeden with. (Could you explain what you are feeling?)

"Umm... I don't know Italian. Can you speak in English?" I whisper and she nods while stepping upto me.

She does her job and after sometime, she walks to the door and invites Aeden back in. He walks in and stands by the door.

"She has a viral infection. I have prescribe some medications, please give her these on time. Let her rest as much as she can." She told Aeden in English and walked away handing him the prescription. He nods at her and she forces a smile before walking out.

"Baby..." Aeden tries and walks closer to me but I was quick enough to shut any of his actions down.

"Fuck off Aeden. Just leave me alone." I close my eyes and whisper.

"Carla I..." he was gritting something out but was cut short when his phone rang.

He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at it before answering it with a frown on his forehead.

"Hello?" He spoke.

But the next second he dropped to his knees as he let go off the prescription and dropped his phone on the floor.

I instantly pulled the duvet off of my body, and ran to him with my wobbly legs. I looked at him. His head hung down.

"Aeden?" I called out but then I realised he had dropped the phone unattended.

"Hello?" I asked picking up his phone.

"Hello? Carla? Is that you?" I head from the other side and instantly recognise the voice. It was very impatient and sobby.

"Sarah?" I asked confused, looking at Aeden.

"Carla, mom... she..mom passed away Carla. She left us." And in the end, her voice cracked and she began crying out loudly.

My eyes widened as I let her words sink in. A tear rolled down my eye as I continued to look at Aeden. His hands were on his knees and he looked devastated by the news.

"Please ask Aeden to come back as soon as possible." She broke and ended the call.

I dropped the phone and moved closer to Aeden. I crouch in front of him and place one of my hand on his shoulder. "Aeden?" I whisper.

And that is all it took for him to hug me, making me stagger back and land harshly on my butt. He encircled his arms around my body and buried his face at the crook of my neck.

"I messed up. She didn't deserve this." Was all he said. His voice held regret as I moved my hand on his back, to and fro, trying comfort him. Tears rolled down my eyes.

I knew Nina didn't have much time left but I wasn't anticipating her death so soon. I was a bit startled looking at Aeden. I knew her relationship whit her kids wasn't exactly rainbows and roses but I didn't think it would affect him so much.

There was a time when Nina had mentioned that her son and cut her off completely from his life. And despite her best efforts, she wasn't able to locate him. It was as if he was vanished into the air. Sarah was the one informed her that he was missing and days and probably months later, he finally contacted her. It was almost a year later. I never understood why Nina shared that with me but I did find it weird that he just vanished.

Was his regret related to that?

Or was it because he wasn't there for her enough? As far as I know, Nina sent them to school in London for them to study at a young age, while she stayed back handling her business.

"I messed up big time Carla. I messed it all up." He inhaled deeply as his voice remained extremely low and painful. It was as if he was trying to reminisce all the things he did. Or did he?

"I'm sorry," I said as I let him went out. I felt something warm land on my shoulder and froze. He was crying?

I couldn't believe it. Someone who was probably not in touch with their mother for years could still have feelings? Where was he when she found out she had cancer or where was he when she had to go through all of those Chemo and radiotherapy?

As much as I wanted to sympathise, something in me didn't let me. For some reason, he didn't feel like he really meant it. I have seen all sorts of people in my professional life. Most of them being criminals and Aeden to me, just seemed like a good actor and nothing more but then, his cries and the way he was regretting right now seemed genuine yet nothing more than a facade, leaving me torn.

So now, with Nina's death, a lot is going to come Carla and Aeden's way. Carla will finally get to go back to America or not? what do you guys think? And do you think Aeden, is actually remorseful? You will also find out about Pearl and Aeden's past and how it is going to affect Carla and Aeden now. Please, Please comment, I love reading your theories.

Follow me here and on Instagram to get sneak peeks of the upcoming dark and fun stuff.