The Arena

Finally, we were brought up to this HUGE stone building. It was a massive circle, like the coliseum back on earth, but this one was actively being used, with lit torches hung everywhere and a lot of the animal-human hybrids coming and going out of the arena. Although, right about this time, there seemed to be a lot more of them gathering around the arena, as if to see a show. Fubuki prodded us along, and we shuffled into the interior of the arena, while getting steely eyed glares from the males and curious looks from the females. We were all pushed and shuffled off into a side hallway in the entrance way, and then through a doorway into another room. This one was built into the wall of the interior of the arena, and there was a small window of iron bars that let us view the inside of the arena.
    "So what's the plan?" I whispered to Jansen when Pekora wasn't eyeing us.
    "Uhhh, I guess you just beat that Botan lady and we all go free."
    I leaned back into my place as Pekora gave us another glance, and when she looked away, I leaned back to Jansen.
    "And do we take Noel with us?"
    "Who's Noel?"
    "The girl in front of us."
    "Oh the Kingdom Knight. I mean, I guess we could capture her and ransom her to the kingdom. They'd probably pay a lot of good money...."
    He trailed off when I gave him a nasty look.
    "She's not a pawn dude. I say we rescue her."
    Jansen gave me a weird look, and I gave him one back.
    "Just trust me man. She seems tough."
    He shrugged and sighed, then looked at me.
    "Alright fine. I'll trust you for now."
    Pekora pointed her spear at us, and I realized that she had been looking at me for the last few seconds.
    "Sit down, all of you. I will come and get you shortly, Peko."
    Me and the Storyteller sat on one side of the room, and Noel and Jansen sat next to the door, on opposite sides. Pekora gave us one last look, then she sighed, apparently satisfied, and she left the room, shutting the door behind her.
    "So they make us fight each other?" The Storyteller said, breaking the uncomfortable silence between us.
    "No, Noel said something about them making us fight their warriors." I said. "Isn't that right?"
    "Yeah. They're gonna make you fight Botan, and I guess she's their top warrior." She said.
    "So we're stuck here?" The Storyteller said.
    "For now."
    He groaned, then looked over at Jansen.
    "I TOLD you and Senchou that this was a stupid idea." He said.
    Jansen didn't respond. He was just looking at the dirt floor, his eyes blank and unmoving. The Storyteller threw his hands up in exasperation, and he sighed before resting the back of his head against the wall.
*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *
    After what seemed like an hour, a lot of the animal people started gathering in the arena, filling in all of the rows of seats in the arena. That one girl that had sniffed me, Korone, came into the arena, and she sat in one of the front seats, right next to this light purple haired girl with cat ears and a tail. They both looked around, and Korone's eyes eventually fell on me, and she pointed right at us. The purple haired girl looked over at us, and she smiled, obviously enjoying the moment. I looked back at Noel, and she had the weirdest look on her face, almost as if she was going to enjoy the fighting.
    Suddenly, the door opened, and Pekora, the bunny girl, came through the doorway with her spear pointing at us.
    "You come out first." She said, pointing it at me, then pointed it at Noel. "Then you follow him."
    She then pointed at Jansen and the Storyteller.
    "You there." She said, pointed at Jansen. "You follow them, and you, you stay here. Don't try anything funny."
    We all got up, and me, Noel, and Jansen filed out of the room and into the circular part of the arena, prodded by Pekora with the spear. She shoved us to the arena, then she turned around and went right back out the way she came, grabbing the door and pulling it shut with a large and loud shriek of metal. All of the animal-human people started cheering and roaring, yelling and jeering at us, but Jansen, Noel, and I ignored the jeers and focused on the metal doors that was the entrance to the arena. What we didn't notice was the woman who stepped up to the throne that was to our backs, all the way in the top of the arena.
    "Welcome to the Isle!" She announced.
    All three of us turned around, and when I laid my eyes on the woman, I was taken aback. She was beautiful, but there was a specific aura around her that scared me beyond anything. Honestly, as I looked at her, I felt the same fear that I did when I got shot. I feared for my life.
    The woman stood about 5'6", with light green hair that fell all around her shoulders. She wore a beautiful, ornamented dress that extended down to her mid-thighs, met halfway by white tights that extended all the way up to the bottom of her dress. But, the craziest part about it all was the fact that she had small tree branches that stuck out of the top of her head, almost like deer antlers.
    "Okay, lets try that again. Welcome to the Isle!"
    "Uhm. Hi?" I replied, just to appease her for the moment.
    "Why hello there! My name is Fauna! I'm the Goddess of Nature."
    She paused for just a moment, and what she said next chilled me to the bone.
    "And all of you need to prepare to die."