Motherly Love

The door of a small house creaked open, and a single lady walked through the door, still grief stricken from her son's passing, and she shut the door before collapsing on the couch, trying to rub the exhaustion and tears from her eyes. She hated everything at the moment, but she knew she had to be strong in the aftermath of her son's unfortunate death. She was tired and hurt, still beating herself up over the passing, but she knew that she was on her own for the time being. She had to be strong, for there was no other choice. As she rubbed her eyes and mumbled to herself, however, she felt her eyelids gradually dropping more and more, and she rested her head against the soft couch, slowly falling more and more asleep....
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!! The sharp rapping of knuckles against the door startled her back to the land of the living, and she immediately got up, wondering who the hell might be at the door. She unlatched the chain, then cracked the door, and there, standing on her porch, was a strange looking man. He was maybe Micheal's age, around seventeen, and he had a messy crop of blackish brown hair. He had square rim glasses, dark brown eyes, and a leather jacket over a black shirt and black jeans, but there seemed to be something almost...unnatural about him. He had the aura of a very, very powerful being about him, and that set her off a little bit.
    "Uhhmm, who are you?"
    "My name is Bruce." He said. "I am one of Micheal's friends, and I found this note. I'm sure he would have wanted you to have it."
    His arm came up in front of her, and he held out a rather old looking handwritten note to her, and she gingerly took it. The man smiled, and, truth be told, after weeks of sadness, seeing anther person smile so cheerfully was very, very refreshing.
    "Thank you." She said.
    "Of course. Have a nice day."
    And with that, the man walked off, and she shut the door, turned around, sat back down on her couch, and opened the note, beginning to read.
Hey mom, its Micheal. I know that Mother's Day is coming up, and I'm very excited for it. I know I'm not exactly the perfect son, and I know you would have wanted better from me, and I understand that. But I'm not here to make excuses for my actions. I'm here to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for constantly screwing up. I'm sorry for getting in fights and getting kicked out of school constantly. I'm sorry for sneaking out and disobeying you directly. And I'm sorry for hurting you, mom.
    But what I am not sorry about is how much I love you mom. I will always be here if you'd like to talk, and I want to make things better. And if for some reason I lose this note, and I can't get it to you, just know that I'm always thinking about you. I want the best for us mom, even if I don't always go about the best way of getting it.
    But this note is dedicated to you, one of the greatest mothers anyone, including myself, could ask for. I love you mom.
    Best wishes,
    ~Micheal Fuentes, your loving son.
    And with the final words being read, for the first time in weeks, she began to cry happy tears. It was sniffling at first, but it quickly turned to an all out sob, and she clutched onto the note before looking up at her ceiling, high up to the heavens above.
    "I love you too, my son."