L U N C H

Aurora lupin

Mattheo, his mother and I sat down at a booth in the corner of this place that's a diner by day club by night. It looks interesting and I would love to see what it's like at night when it's a club.

"I know the owner." Anne said, (Mattheo's mother)

"Mm." Mattheo responded.

The waiter came up to the booth asking us  what we wanted to drink, I asked for a water and so did Anne. Mattheo, I think just to piss his mom off or something ordered a rum and coke.

"So how long have you two been dating?"  Anne asked.

Mattheo didn't speak up so I did.

"Four months? Right? I think, I haven't been really keeping track." I laughed awkwardly.  I don't know we started dating late September and now it's late January, so yeah four months.

Anne smiled, Mattheo downed his drink.

"You say that you thought about me everyday." Mattheo spoke up, "I thought about you a lot too." His jaw clenched as he glared at his mother, squeezing the empty glass in his hand.

Anne gave him a weak, worried smile. Her eyes flashed between us both.

"Every time he cut me. When one of his death eaters came into my room in the middle of the night—." Mattheo's breathing got heavier.

"When Aurora was kidnapped and tortured with me." Mattheo spoke, his mothers eyes filling with tears.

"Mattheo." I scolded him for speaking up about.. that.

"All because I didn't listen to him. I thought about you every time, I thought maybe if my mother loved me and wanted me that none of this would have happened." Mattheo spoke roughly, glaring at his mother.

I sat back swallowing hard, Mattheo scoffed and looked away from Anne.

"I'm so-so sorry Mattheo. Me leaving you with him can't be excused but I was scared of him." Anne wiped her tears and tried to get Mattheo to look at her but he didn't.

Mattheo ignored her and called the waiter over asking for another drink.

"Can we talk?" I asked Mattheo, he stood up and I followed him out of the booth.

"Give us a minute." I whispered to Anne, she nodded and I dragged Mattheo into the back of the diner.

"I can't fucking look at her without getting violently angry." Mattheo huffed, filled with rage.

"You once told me that you wished for a mom, a great one. But reality sucked, right? Well this is reality and Anne doesn't suck, she's really sweet and she's sorry. I know that's not enough right now but she is what you always wanted." I said looking up at him, his expression was hard to read, he look angry but sad at the same time?

"We can leave, right now. Anytime you want. I'm just saying-."

"I know." Mattheo muttered.

Mattheo swallowed, "can you just hold my hand?" Mattheo whispered, I smiled.

"Of course loser." I said grabbing his hand as he fake laughed at me calling him a loser.