S T A Y

Aurora Lupin 

Mattheo didn't come back like he said he would. I'm extremely worried and wasn't able to sleep.

I get dressed and meet my mom downstairs for breakfast, Teddy is on her hip waiting for his own food.

I stare at him for a while, I can't pull my eyes away from him.

"Where's Mattheo?" my mom asks me.

I think about lying, telling her he's upstair, or asleep but I don't feel like lying but I definitely don't feel like telling the truth. Mattheo left because he can't hold my hand all day. Do I act like I need him to hold my hand? I'll admit I've been clingy the past few days but for a reason.

"He went to his brothers last night." I told her.

"Brother, right." She laughed quietly, "I keep forgetting that. It must be nice after years of being alone with his father that he now has a mother and a brother." 

"Yeah, it was hard for him at first but they're one big happy family." So happy he doesn't feel like he needs to come back to me even though he said he would.

"That's nice." Mom smiled, "I made almost every breakfast food, pick anything you want. I'm going to go feed Teddy."

"Okay." I forced a smile as she walked past me with Teddy in her arms.

As hard as it is to be around Teddy after losing the baby I don't have anywhere else to go and I don't want to leave my mom alone.

I wish we would hear something about my father, anything. It's awful not knowing.

I start eating bacon and just staring at the wall. 

Depression is the worst. I want to be laying in bed all day but when I'm laying in bed I feel useless for not getting anything done.

I brush my hair out of my face, this messy bun has seen better days and I'm in need of a shower.

I finish eating and clean up my plate and cup. I head upstairs to take a shower.

I'm still worried about Mattheo but I'm guessing he's fine with Zander, maybe he needed to get drunk too I don't know.

I take a quick shower to wash my hair.

My skin has also seen better days, my face is super oily right now.

I wash my face with a cleanser for sensitive skin and finish drying off.

Once I change my clothes I put some coconut oil detangling shit in my hair and try not to rip out the knots in my hair.

"Hey." I almost scream the Mattheo appears in the doorway of the bathroom.

ignore the bastard Aurora. He said he would be back last night and lied!

"Hi." I say staring at him.

He doesn't look good.

"I.. time got away from me last night. Zander and I were talking and I forgot." Mattheo explained.

"Talking about what? You didn't tell him about.." I shake my head.

"No. I promised you I wouldn't tell anyone and I won't. We were talking about Ian." Mattheo said.

"Oh, okay." I sighed, "I'm glad you have Zander to talk to about Ian but you know you can always talk to me." I grabbed his arm.

"I don't think that would help you right now. You're already dealing with a lot." Mattheo said looking down at me.

"You're dealing with it too. I want to talk to you, about both tragic things happening in our life." I swallowed, my throat feeling dry.