R E T U R N

Aurora lupin

It's a little after one when I enters Zander's diner, I feel out of place. I don't know what I'm going to say to him but I haven't spoken to him or Anne since he left.

I don't know if they know. If they don't this will be really uncomfortable and sad.

I walk up to the bar where a man with a smirk eyes me down, "what can I get for you pretty lady—."

"No I've got her." Zander came up behind the smirking man.

"Whatever you say boss, if you want the pretty lady you've got her—."

"Go." Zander said sternly, glaring at the smirking man.

Once we're alone at the bar Zander apologizes for the man's behavior, I told him that it was fine.

"We haven't seen you in months, we've missed you." Zander smiles.

"Can I get a drink?" I ask, hoping to swallow my nerves with a rough drink.

"Uh.. sure, maybe just one." Zander suggests, I shrug.

"What would you like? I'm great at making pina coladas." Zander starts grabbing various things.

"Sure." I sigh.

"So I need to talk and I guess it would be easier to tell you rather than Anne but uh you'll need to tell her anyways, he— your brother he um he left." I ramble, messing with my rings.

"Left?" Zander stops in the middle of making my drink, his face pale.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. His father threatened Anne, me, and even you." I felt my throat close up.

"He saved me, he saved us all."

"Aurora when-when did he leave?" Zander stares at me before continuing my drink.

"Two months ago. I know I should have come sooner, I feel terrible I just wasn't thinking. I'm sorry."

Zander shakes his head, "Mattheo was at the house a few weeks ago." My heart stops when he speaks, he was at the house a few weeks ago...

"How long was he there? What did he say? Is he okay—?"

"Breathe Aurora. He spent the night. He talked about needing to do something for us, his family. He looked okay." Zander said, sliding me my drink and pouring himself the rest of the mixture.

"I fucking love pina— never mind." He awkwardly scratched his neck.

"He spent the night? I didn't think he would be allowed to do that." I cleared my throat, it's tightness bothering me.

"Allowed?" Zander tipped his head down, "he seemed content. He talked about needed to be there for his father, he acted okay with it." Zander looks up, his worried eyes scanning my face.

"Content." I sighed, "was he over just the once?"

"No he came three or four times."

"And he was content every time?" I asked.

"More content each visit."