B I R T H D A Y

Aurora lupin

Two weeks later

I was frantically setting up for Mattheo's late-very late birthday party. Everyone was here beside Mattheo and Anne, she was keeping him distracted while we set up for his surprise party.

We're at my parents house and Mattheo thinks we are having lunch together with my parents and his mom.

We only have a few minutes before Mattheo and Anne get here.

I placed the last candle in Mattheo's cake and left it on the kitchen counter, Pansy and Lucy are here and I also invited Noah and Ian.

"He's here!" Noah said coming into the kitchen.

"Take the cake." I told Zander.

"What? no."

"Yes, take it! I'm not gonna be the one who starts singing first." I said.

"I don't want to take it, Mattheo doesn't even want me here." Zander said making me roll my eyes, "what makes you think that?" I asked, before Zander could answer the doorbell rang.

"Someone's got to take it." My father came into the kitchen.

"Aurora just take the cake!" Zander scoffed.

The doorbell rang again, Pansy came into the kitchen with a big sigh. "If I have to hear that doorbell again I'll—."

"It's literally only gone off twice." Zander said to Pansy.

She crossed her arms and glared at him, the doorbell rang again. "Three times." She said before turning around and leaving the kitchen.

I grabbed the cake and spun around getting ready to leave but Zander thought I was passing the cake to him and he reached for it, I walked right into him since he got in my way and the cake smashed into my chest.

"Oh shit!" Noah laughed, I took a deep breath feeling the cake running down my shirt.

"Aurora, I'm so sorry." Zander said quickly.

"Mattheo's in the living—. What the hell happened?" My mother walked into the kitchen.

"I don't even know." I sighed placing the smashed cake onto the counter, my shirt was covered in cake and so was my hair.

"Look on the bright side now you don't have to sing happy birthday." Zander smiled down at me, I glared at him since he was being sarcastic.

I grabbed a handful of Mattheo's ruined cake and smashed it onto Zander's face, he gasped.

Noah laughed but hurried out of the room not wanted to get caught in the middle of this.

"Noah?" I heard Mattheo ask from the living room.

I turned my head to the side to head Mattheo but as soon as I did cake was shoved in my face.

"Zander!" I scoffed wiping the cake from my face, "don't act like that you started it first." Zander said.

"Zander's here?" I heard Mattheo again.