G R I E F

Mattheo Riddle

This chapter will obviously be a continuation of he last chapter so I wanted to put a warning. Tw; mentions of miscarriage. Mentions of depressive thoughts.

Aurora wrapped her arms around me tightly, digging her nails into my arm.

She woke up a few minutes ago shaking and crying.

"I'm right here." I brushed her hair out of her face, Ignoring her nails digging into me.

Aurora sobs into my chest, "I'm sorry Angel." I say because it's the only thing I can think of, not that it's going to make anything better.

~

"Are you hungry?" I asked Aurora early this morning, last night was awful.

When she was asleep she was having nightmares and would mumble and cry. When she was awake she would cry on me and cling to me as hard as she could.

We still haven't heard from her father or any news about him, Her mother is struggling to deal with Teddy and her stress over her husband isn't helping.

Aurora is curled up in bed right now, wrapped up tightly in her blanket.

"Please say something." I beg her, stroking my thumb across her cheek.

I sigh and leave her room to go get her something to eat.

Her mother is downstairs in the kitchen, When Aurora was talking she told me not to tell anyone about what was happening. I would never tell anyone about this without asking Aurora first but I have no idea what to tell her mother. Why won't she come out of bed? I don't know what the fuck to say!

"Where's Aurora?" Tonks asks as I walk into the kitchen alone.

"Asleep I was going to bring her some breakfast, she's not doing too well."  I lied.

"Oh." Tonks sighed, bouncing Teddy on her hip.

He has Aurora's eyes, I guess they're their father's eyes but I can't stop myself from thinking about what our baby would have looked like.

"How are you doing Mattheo?" Tonks asked me,  I swallowed hard.

I don't even know where to start on how terrible I am right now.

"I'm just worried about Aurora and her father." 

"Me too." Tonks sniffled.

"Here, bring this to Aurora." Tonks smiled and handed me a plate filled with a bunch of different breakfast foods.

"Cooking distracts me." 

~

I climbed into bed behind Aurora, setting her breakfast on her nightstand.

"Your mom didn't have any bagels." I joked, forcing myself to laugh quietly.

I sat Aurora put against my chest and reached for the food.

I poked around the eggs, taking a small piece and bringing it up to her lips.

"The food looks good but I don't think anything compares to Zanders food." 

Aurora opened her mouth and took a bit of the scrambled eggs.

I smiled, something as simple as her taking a bite of food makes me happy.

Aurora Lupin 

I hear him talking to me.

I understand what he's saying clearly.