Chapter Seven - An Unforgettable Display

Days after their encounter with Alexander Anderson, Ozpin as well as Alucard and Walter return to business as usual at Beacon Academy. One day during a combat class held by Glynda Goodwitch, Cardin Winchester easily takes down Jaune Arc in a sparring match. 

Glynda: Cardin, that's enough!

As Cardin relents, Glynda soon addressed the class.

Glynda: Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your Scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more...defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself...

Glynda: Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!

As Glynda said that, Alucard walked in the room. The entire class fell silent as Jaune and Cardin took their seats. Ever since starting their year in Beacon Academy, the first years couldn't help but feel intimidated at Alucard's presence. His first speech during Initiation left an unforgettable impression on them. 

Glynda: Alucard. What brings you here?

Alucard: The students have been making tremendous progress. I wanted to see it myself. 

Alucard then turned his attention to the class who were all silent. He cracked a small smile as he began to clap.

Alucard: As Ozpin said to you, you are all wasted energy, in need of purpose – direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step. I along with the rest of the teachers are here to give you all that purpose. That is why I have prepared this demonstration, if Miss Goodwitch approves. 

Glynda nods at Alucard, interested at what he has planned. Alucard lets a small chuckle escape him as he thinks on his fight with Anderson. It was the best fight he had in ages. He wondered if any of the students here could hold a candle to the skills Anderson displayed. His eyes fell on Pyrrha Nikos.

Alucard: Pyrrha Nikos. I hear they call you the Invincible Girl.

Pyrrha: That is correct, Mr. Alucard.

Alucard: I would like to see that for myself. I believe a sparring match is in order. 

Pyrrha: Very well. 

Alucard smiled as Pyrrha got up from her seat and approached Alucard at the center of the class. 

Glynda: The rules of this match will be the same as the last one. 

Alucard: Miss Nikos, I want you to attack me with everything you have. Imagine that I am your enemy and I seek to kill everyone in this class. 

Pyrrha was taken aback with Alucard's instructions. Everyone else was in shock. Pyrrha prepared herself to battle against Alucard. Alucard smiled as Glynda raised the Disciplinarian. 

Glynda: Begin!

Alucard stands still as Pyrrha charges in at Alucard and attacks him with Miló and Akoúo̱. As Pyrrha attacked him, Alucard took all the hits, not even moving to defend himself. In that stands, all the students watch in awe. 

Yang: Man....Mr. Alucard's really taking those hits. 

Weiss: Why is he not moving? He's not even trying to defend himself!

Blake: Ruby, you said you saw him fight one. What exactly did you see? 

Ruby: He pulled out his two guns and just started shooting at the bad guys. He was real fast too! Faster than me probably!

Team RWBY and everyone else watched as Pyrrha continued to attack Alucard with everything she had. Soon enough, Alucard made his first move. 

Alucard: Was that all, Miss Nikos? A shame. I was expecting more from the Invincible Girl. 

As Alucard says this, he pulls out his Casull pistol and begins firing at Pyrrha. Pyrrha raises her Akoúo̱ to block the bullets. But as the bullets hit the shield, they hit with enough force to push Pyrrha back several feet. 

Alucard: Come on, get up! Attack me! Show me what you can do! Come on, hurry, hurry, hurry! HURRY!

Alucard charges at Pyrrha with blinding speed that she had no time to react as Alucard knocked Akoúo̱ out of her hands. On instinct, Pyrrha uses her Semblance to send both of Alucard's pistols flying out of his hands. Pyrrha then launches a frontal assault to try and defeat Alucard. Alucard held back as he simply observed Pyrrha's attacks. While she was indeed a great fighter, she was no Alexander Anderson. Soon enough, the bell rang and the fight abruptly ended. 

Alucard: Thank you, Miss Nikos. That will be all for today. 

Pyrrha was in shock at how abruptly the fight ended. What shocked her even more was that Alucard showed no signs of fatigue. Alucard looked at Pyrrha with a smile on his face.

Alucard: Your skills are quite formidable, Miss Nikos. Continue your training. 

As the class was dismissed for lunch, Ozpin entered the class. 

Alucard: Enjoyed the show, my master?

Ozpin: It seems you gave Miss Nikos quite the match. 

Alucard: Her skills are every bit as formidable as her reputation states. I can see why you believe her to be the ideal candidate to inherit the powers of the Fall Maiden. 

Ozpin: Perhaps, but we shall wait and see regardless. 

With that, Alucard's sparring match against Pyrrha Nikos showed Ozpin that Pyrrha did indeed have the potential to inherit the powers of the Fall Maiden. But only time would tell.